TC7.50b3: Mouse scrolling in compare contents window

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

TC7.50b3: Mouse scrolling in compare contents window

Post by *wanderer »

In the compare contents window, if the window is active but the listbox with the file contents is not, mouse-wheel scrolling does not work. I'm not sure if it's a mouse driver issue but i've seen other programs work so maybe it's TC...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's a problem of certain mouse drivers: They scroll the active window, not the window under the cursor. In some drivers you can configure this, but in most you can't.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:It's a problem of certain mouse drivers: They scroll the active window, not the window under the cursor. In some drivers you can configure this, but in most you can't.
I know. The funny thing though is that the window is active but the listbox is not (i.e. the "next difference" button is the active control in the window). I guess the driver is tracking whether the active control in the window can be scrolled or not. It's rather annoying.

Hmmm, it would be nice if there was an INI setting that forced the listbox to "get active". For instance, if it was =1, when "next difference" (or any other button of this window) is clicked, it would go to the next difference and then the focus would be transferred to the listbox in order for the scrolling to always work. Of course this should happen only when the button is clicked with the mouse. Would it be too much trouble to implement that? It might be helpful in other cases too...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's what I meant - for example, in main TC some drivers will scroll the left window when it is active, even when the mouse cursor is over the right window...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com