Checkboxes

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Checkboxes

Yes
3%
No
97%

Total votes: 31

margolis22

Checkboxes

Post by *margolis22 »

The option to enable / disable checkboxes.

This would offer greater freedom to select multiple files in different directories without needing to perform whatever action you prefer in it's own directory first.

example. I would want to burn a cd or FTP pictures. Instead of performing this task one folder at a time, I would select the pictures ( via checkbox ) in each folder and when I am done, I could then perform any action I would want ( copy, delete, rename, move, burn, compress, ftp, etc...).

Currently the only way to accomplish this is to perform each action in a single directory at one given time, I am looking to expand the TC functionality to make it more global.

Branch view can more or less perform this task but I think checkboxes would simplify the process and provide greater functionality as one goes into selected directories on at a time.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Voted no for checkboxes in different directories because tjis would be too much confusing.

Although I can say yes for checkboxes for current path only. It would be nice to use them for "sticking" selected items while using QuickFilter. That is what I mean.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Virtual folders are clearly the better way for the described tasks.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

I'm not sure about this suggestion either, though I wouldn't mind a TAB option, to "lock selected files"

Whenever you filter by Selected Files Only, or such -- a number of different things easily clear all of your selections. Deleting one file will do so, or if you unselect them at any point - even after display "Selected Files Only" and you change tabs and go back... now the whole folder is shown again :P

So a TabOption (Lock Selected Files):
When ToggledOn, only the currently selected files are shown and become deselected.
When ToggledOff, the files* are reselected, and all other files are displayed.

(*) Some files may of gotten deleted in the meantime, so it would just reselect what files are left from the original list.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

No.

Working in dozens or hundreds files with
- Branch-View or
- Search or
- stored selections or
- virtaul folders or
- batch or
- plugins
.... is faster and easier than checkboxes.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I agree with Lefteous, virtual folders are the way to go.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.