[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Good work !

Post by *MVV »

nsp wrote:- show full path (a custom column and tooltips could be added if plugin support content plugin)
- As M. Ghisler do not want to support filenames with \ event if it comes from a filesystem plugin :(
(i did myself a virtual folder plugin wich replace \ by / and ...... tada but was not able to have %P %N and %L with real names.

- gotofile/ gotoFileNT (set path and select file in opposite pane or do it in a new tab)

- help file.

- some user command to call your plugin from a button bar....
1. In first post I wrote the way you may see full file path - via general custom column set and e.g. my plugin NTLinks (at the end of post). Tooltips are not supported by TC within FS plugin panel.
2. %P%N would work if suggestion 0 was realized (currently TC passes virtual path that may be translated to real path by TC only).
3. If you have plugin opened in right panel, use Ctrl+Left, else use Ctrl+Right to locate real file in target panel. This function is on TC, I can't tell TC to do anything.
4. Help file... eh... first post in this topic is updated periodically, it contains full description. I do not see need in separate help file - you may copy text from first post.
5. You would create user-commands with internal commands of my plugin if suggestion C was realized (currently TC doesn't pass any command except from command line to plugin).

Thanks for the interest to plugin!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Please do not use <load command in VP 1.0.0.97 because it uses wrong pointer (wrong parameter array index) and causes an exception. I've fixed this in source code, so wait for next release.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

MVV wrote:Please do not use <load command in VP 1.0.0.97 because it uses wrong pointer (wrong parameter array index) and causes an exception. I've fixed this in source code, so wait for next release.
As you are maintaining your code,

I miss some functionality export/import :
A) export filename list (recursive or not) from current VP folder
Abis) export selected filename list (recursive or not)

B) import filename list in current VP folder or in new VP folder item

import and export only handle full filename and export skip VP item and VP script.

The import is useful as we cannot put those names from lst file (handled by a packer plugin) to the virtual folder.

The export is an alternate way to have %L implemented

it seems that %T %COMMANDER_PATH% are not supported for load, log and save command and no completion appear in the dialog box.

(IF TC could implement those missing feature about Virtual Folder and FS it could become less painful !)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

nsp wrote:I miss some functionality export/import :
A) export filename list (recursive or not) from current VP folder
Abis) export selected filename list (recursive or not)

B) import filename list in current VP folder or in new VP folder item

import and export only handle full filename and export skip VP item and VP script.

The export is an alternate way to have %L implemented

it seems that %T %COMMANDER_PATH% are not supported for load, log and save command and no completion appear in the dialog box.

(IF TC could implement those missing feature about Virtual Folder and FS it could become less painful !)
A) my recursive export function have path as param, so it will be easy to add optional additional parameter to specify virtual folder to enum;
Abis) bad idea, FS plugin have no way to get or set selection;
B) I'll add optional parameter for <load command;
C) export full names list will be done as part of playlist exporting support - command will export just full real names; import filelist of just fulla names into specified directory is task of command <put - currently it presents but does nothing.

Maybe list export will replace %L but %L allows to create filelist in temp folder and pass it in one step. Via export filelist via internal command executing of external command with filelist as param will need: a) internal link to external application; b) script that will create filelist somewhere and pass its path to internal link to external application. So, filelist path must be hardcoded and you can't specify selection for exporting.

Dialog boxes TC shows internally, I can't control them. But perhaps variable COMMANDER_PATH I may add because my environment (=TC environment) has it. :)

I'm afraid that my topic about unrealized FS/TP things is not interested for Christian (perhaps because it almost doesn't contains posts except mine ones - so this things have small audience). :)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Some fixes, added some global features, small readme file with history.

Added:
+ expanding of environment variables in commands and scripts except braced blocks
+ import/export partial folder
+ <put command allows adding real files and entire filelists (e.g. playlists, full/relative paths) by mask
+ <export command to export just realnames from virtual folder (e.g. to make playlist)
+ <load command clears VP contents only if executed w/o second parameter
+ you can't delete read-only script files (protection)

If you see some bugs (or errors in English strings), please let me know. :)
WhACKO wrote:I would love a way for it to refresh the file/folder structure on start up, maybe defining the root folders to show:

eg I have d:\Movies and e:\Movies, and I want to show both of the locations in one virtual Panel folder e.g. Movies, and have the list refreshed on demand, but on first start of the plugin to have it auto update itself.
At last it is possible to create script that will add movies from any number of folders to a virtual folder (only manually). You need to open prepared virtual folder and execute command like this:

Code: Select all

<add ">Load Movies" {<silent<put . C:\Video\*.avi<put . D:\Movies\*.*<put . "E:\My Videos\*.*"}
Also you may specify mask for filelists (like m3u) with additional parameter /L for <put command.
On every script executing it will add to its folder all files specified by <put commands, and won't show status dialogs because of <silent command.

VirtualPanel 1.0.0.120: http://files.wyw.ru/4013845 (MD5: 91BBF92E42D2261E2ABB11A987C93AAC) :wink:
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Once again I can't seem to download from that site you posted the file on. It keeps taking me to a sign-in page after I click to get the link.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Boofo wrote:Once again I can't seem to download from that site you posted the file on. It keeps taking me to a sign-in page after I click to get the link.
That's strange... Now I entered control number and downloaded file w/o problems.

I've registered at wincmd.ru, so my plugins will be at wincmd.ru/totalcmd.net soon. Hope you won't have troubles there. :)

VirtualPanel at wincmd.ru / VirtualPanel at totalcmd.net
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2MVV,

I might be because I am in the USA. I grabbed it from the totalcmd.net link fine, though. Thanks for the new link. ;)

User of Total Commander
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Boofo wrote:2MVV,

I might be because I am in the USA. I grabbed it from the totalcmd.net link fine, though. Thanks for the new link. ;)
That's nice. You are welcome. :)
BTW, totalcmd.net and wincmd.ru have one plugins base, so the only difference is page language.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

I couldn't get the wincmd.ru to work even when I translated the page. It kept throwing me to the login page when I would click the link. I have never had any probelms with totalcmd.net.

User of Total Commander
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Boofo,
I had some problems with Firefox and Chrome and that site, too. Worked only with Opera. Try another browser or two.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

MVV,
Just a note - the interface seems really complicated - with all the scripts etc. Any way to make it more user friendly? I am afraid the scripting is a step in the learning curve where many will say it's not worth it.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Hacker,

Opera 10 is what was giving me the problem with going to the login page. IE8 did the same thing.

I agree on the interface suggestion as scripting is way out of my area of expertise.

User of Total Commander
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Plugin uses all functions that FS plugin interface allows to use. Additional features may be achieved only via internal commands - I don't know another way. It would be possible to add buttonbar buttons to use internal commands, but only via suggestion C. Unfortunately even such simple operation as adding or removing physical folder link can't be done w/o internal commands.
BTW, I don't think that adding some script files once is really hard. Especially if you want to collect multiple files from some physical folders into one virtual folder, to export virtual folder contents as filelist etc in one double-click.
I don't think that it is so hard to use internal commands. Also, in script you may add any spaces between commands to make script more readable.
You know, suggestions are welcome. :)
Last edited by MVV on 2009-10-18, 12:38 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

But for someone who knows absolutely nothing about scripting, how do I get it to do all that it can without being about to write the scripts it needs?

User of Total Commander