Quick search window closes on quick-view from archive

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Quick search window closes on quick-view from archive

Post by *MVV »

Maybe it is more misfeature than bug but I write here.

I have opened archive in left panel (e.g. Install.cab) and quick-view in right. I open quick-search window and type *.lng, then I use arrow keys to jump to next file. TC jumps to next file, shows it in right quick-view panel... and closes quick search window!

I know that we have quick filter and so on, but sometimes it can't be used for such task, e.g. if we already see particular files and don't want to change panel contents. And, if this is easy to fix, why not to fix it? :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This happens because there is an unpack progress dialog, which steals the focus from the quick search window - therefore it will be closed automatically.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This happens because there is an unpack progress dialog, which steals the focus from the quick search window - therefore it will be closed automatically.
Yes, I have noticed that. But maybe TC may show it again after closing unpack dialog?