TortoiseSVN 64 bit & Windows 7 64bit

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MikiBOB

TortoiseSVN 64 bit & Windows 7 64bit

Post by *MikiBOB »

Hi,

as I was searching solution for my problem with context menu in TC7.5 B5, I discover something new, which could help you :)

1. Everything runs perfectly, TSVN x64 in TC, but I didn't see SVN Icons. I was trying to setting up sth in TSVN, I found 'Show overlays and context menu only in explorer'. I tick it, and from that time I cannot see Context Menu in TC. [Only now I found, that it is written there ' and context menu']. BUT also I cannot view SVN Icons in TC (as it was recommended)

2. If I untick 'Show overlays and context menu only in explorer', I see context menu (and it is changing randomly, don't understand :D I don't see everything in 'Tortosie SVN ...' if I rightclick on Folder, that is Checked Out), and I don't see SVN Icons :)

Tested on Win 7 x64 RC1 (7100), TCMD 7.50 B5 & TCMD 7.5 RC1, TSVN x64 1.6.4 & TSVN x64 1.6.1

Now I am installing TSVN x32 and will testing it :)
P.S. Any other ideas how config TSVN or TCM to show SVN Icons? :)
MIKI
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please use the search function, this has been discussed many times.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sruli

Post by *sruli »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Please use the search function, this has been discussed many times.
I have the same problem.
I have TC 7.5 in Windows 7 and Tortoise SVN 64 bit.
I don't see the overlay icons at all.
I searched throughout this site and tried all the recommendations, but nothing helped.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

sruli,
I searched throughout this site and tried all the recommendations, but nothing helped.
What exactly have you already tried?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
sruli

Post by *sruli »

Roman,

In TC -> Tortoise SVN -> Settings -> Icon Overlays, I verified that "Show only in explorer" is un-cheched, and that fixed and netword drives are checked.

In TC -> Configuration -> Icons, I verified that Show Overlay Icons is checked.

Did I miss anything?

Sruli
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

sruli wrote:Did I miss anything?
Install the 32bit version of tortoise SVN parallel the 64bit version.
TC is a 32bit program and the 64bit shell extension can't be used by any 32bit program.

Regards
Holger
sruli

Post by *sruli »

[quote="HolgerK"][quote="sruli"]Did I miss anything?[/quote]
Install the 32bit version of tortoise SVN parallel the 64bit version.
TC is a 32bit program and the 64bit shell extension can't be used by [u]any[/u] 32bit program.

Regards
Holger[/quote]

I see. Now it works. Thanks.

Now another question: after upgrading to Windows 7, the right mouse button is much slower than Win XP. It takes really long time until it shows the drip-down menu. This is really annoying.

Thanks in advance
Sruli
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

sruli wrote:after upgrading to Windows 7, the right mouse button is much slower than Win XP. It takes really long time until it shows the drip-down menu.
- You are talking about the context menu or about the right mouse selection?
- How much is much slower (something that can be expressed in values like 5sec instead of 0.5sec)?
- Did you compare on the same machine with the same selection and the same installed programs?

In case of you've enabled the right mouse selection, the small progress bar may influence your subjective impression.
Disable it an test again:
Wincmd.ini wrote:[Configuration]
ContextProgress=0
Regards
Holger
sruli

Post by *sruli »

Yes, after disabling the smapp,progress bar, it takes 0.5 sec from clicking the right mouse button to getting the menu.

I have XP on another machine which is much weaker than the current one. On the XP machine, right mouse button opens the menu immediately. However I can live with 0.5 sec unless it becomes worse...

Thanks
Sruli
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

sruli,
On the XP machine, right mouse button opens the menu immediately
Do you perhaps have left mouse button selection mode activated on your XP machine?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
sruli

Post by *sruli »

[quote="Hacker"][b]sruli[/b],
[quote]On the XP machine, right mouse button opens the menu immediately[/quote]
Do you perhaps have left mouse button selection mode activated on your XP machine?

Roman[/quote]

I'm not sure I know what is left mouse button selection mode.

The XP machine has been reformatted, so I cannot check it any more.

Sruli
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Options: Config | Operation
Mouse Selection Mode

If using (windows standard), then RightClick will cause a context menu immediately when mouse RB is released (down/up). Unfortunately using this mode will disable sticky-select of files (and drag select).
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.