Which file coping configuration are you using?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Integration with SlowCopy
1%
Integration with FileCopy
No votes
Integration with TotalCopy
4%
Integration with BulletProof FileCopy
No votes
Other (please specify with a post)
1%
TC's build-in copy
93%

Total votes: 71

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Some users prefer the use of external tools to either "improve" TC's reliability for coping and/or moving files or for having the ability of more options and/or information of the coping process. Which tools fits your own needs and why? Do you prefer the build-in system or not and why? What are the advantages you get by using an external coping tool? Which of those advantages would you like to see integrated to TC itself? What are the disadvantages you get by using an external tool but you feel you can compromise in order to have a desirable feature?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Integration with TotalCopy? How?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Sam York

Post by *Sam York »

Hacker wrote:Integration with TotalCopy? How?

TIA
Roman
Since TC is missing a function that only Explorer and a lot of other file managers(right click drag & drop) have and also because of the fact that TotalCopy cannot be called externally the integration is impossible.

See also these: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1490

Btw, anybody succeeded in integration with the last version of SlowCopy? The old one works but the new one doesn't!!! Very strange ... I tried almost any "weird combination" since the normal & obvious(like described in TC's help) ones don't work.

However, the integration with TotalCopy will be the best even if the estimated time remaining doesn't seem to work properly.
Last edited by Sam York on 2003-08-19, 11:29 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Yeah, following this link I got to my own posts... ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hacker wrote:Integration with TotalCopy? How?

Well, you should expect an answer to that from the user that voted TotalCopy. I voted for the build-in TC function so I cannot really help you there! ;)

On the other hand you can naturally ask why did on earth I made an option for TotalCopy since the integration is not possible. Well, the obvious thing to answer is that I didn't know it wasn't possible to integrate! :oops:

What's interesting though is that we have a vote! That means that either someone didn't get the question right or has found an integration workaround not known to us or even that polls are not the most reliable approach! ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Sam York

Post by *Sam York »

pdavit wrote:or has found an integration workaround not known to us
Since the right click drag & drop is not available the only solution would be that even the author himself of TotalCopy would decide to make a plug-in for TC ... But even if this would happen(not any time sooner or more like never) using a copy function as a plug-in wouldn't be so practical ... And remember: TotalCopy CANNOT be called externally!
Lion

Post by *Lion »

Voted for "built-in". But use KillCopy and SlowCopy sometimes :)
"It's all very simple: In a white cloak..." - M. Bulgakov. The Master and Margarita.
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

Mostly I use the built in copy.
Only when doing extreme copy operations (very many or large files) then I use SlowCopy.

If Christian is bored, intergrating some SlowCopy features in TC would be welcome....
...BRB...
alextorex

Post by *alextorex »

I need Copy with pause/resume , speed limit , statistics and queueing.
This shoould be integrated in TC ( no third party software).
Salamander already can do resuming.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I need Copy with pause/resume , speed limit , statistics and queueing.
You mean the Background Transfer Manager, called either through Commands - Background Transfer Manager or by pressing F2 in the Copy or Move dialogs?

:)

HTH
Roman
alextorex

Post by *alextorex »

Exactly. :oops: I must buy new eyeglasses.