Drag & drop from cm_OpenDesktop to other program

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Molgar

Drag & drop from cm_OpenDesktop to other program

Post by *Molgar »

I just tried to drag several files at once from a panel where I had previously performed the cm_OpenDesktop command (therefore the source files are located in the Desktop folder).

When dragging them to a Compose email window in Outlook, only one file gets dropped.

If I manually browse to the desktop folder and try to proceed the same, all the files are dropped correctly.

I can reproduce this using other programs instead of outlook, such as windows explorer.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Well there is a difference between using cm_OpenDesktop and manually browse to the desktop folder.

cm_OpenDesktop opens a virtual folder, which mirrors items from different locations: your personal desktop folder and the one of "all users"
Drag&Drop from those virtual folders like desktop, My Computer, etc. will not work well.

Manually browse to the desktop folder shows a physical location where Drag&Drop works fine.

You may use cd %$DESKTOP% to jump directly to your personal desktop folder.

For more info see according Wiki entry
#5767 Personal license
Molgar

Post by *Molgar »

Thanks, sqa_wizard.

Yes, I know it isn't the same as cd %$DESKTOP%, but shouldn't drag and drop work correctly nevertheless?

The files are selected all right, but only the one underneath the mouse pointer when clicking is dropped.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I confirm that TC drops only one file if I drag some files to Explorer window. Also, I can't drag files from Explorer window to cm_OpenDesktop at all!