"You cannot add files to a subdirectory of an archive!&

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Eugene

"You cannot add files to a subdirectory of an archive!&

Post by *Eugene »

Take some file in some subdirectory of any archive as source.
Take some subdirectory of any archive, supported by any external packer plugin, as destination.
If you try to perform such copy operation, TC 7.50a will show messagebox: "You cannot add files to a subdirectory of an archive file!" It doesn't even call plugin functions.

I can provide video if you need.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Eugene,
Well, TC informs you this operation is not supported. Where do you see the bug?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Eugene

Post by *Eugene »

Well, it doesn't tell it is not supported. It tells that I cannot add files to a subdirectory of an archive file, while actually I can - if source file is in usual folder and not in archive. But I think it is no difference for TC where to pack files from - from folder or from archive.

Well, if this operation is OFFICIALLY not supported then I will accept it. But in this case the message must look like this: “You cannot add files FROM AN ARCHIVE FILE to a subdirectory of an archive file”. To not confuse users.