Can total commander port to free pascal and lazarus?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wu4258528

Post by *wu4258528 »

I know that total commander use delphi,but now I think it can port to free pascal and lazarus(I want a linux version of total commander so long time),because I find double commander,a file manager very like total commander.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

No !

Use the forum search with "linux" keyword to see the details.
#5767 Personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I did make a port to Delphi for Linux (Kylix) a few years ago. The problem wasn't with the visual elements, but with threading and other low level stuff. Things like copying which work in a background thread were randomly hanging the program, and I couldn't find out the reason of this. So in the end I had to give up the Linux version, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ex34

Post by *ex34 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I did make a port to Delphi for Linux (Kylix) a few years ago. The problem wasn't with the visual elements, but with threading and other low level stuff. Things like copying which work in a background thread were randomly hanging the program, and I couldn't find out the reason of this. So in the end I had to give up the Linux version, sorry.
oh my doG, this is the main reason?
just kill everything block your way, i(and a lot of others) can give up these functions, and just thankful what we can got!

plus, freepascal(dont know kylix) DO support 64bit on win and lin, oh, now i see light!
ex34

Post by *ex34 »

google it you will find a lot of people traped in windows because of TC,

the first program i run with wine is TC, i aware of the existence of wine because i searched: "total commander linux"

i think i represent a lot of common user!
whytea

Post by *whytea »

ex34 wrote:google it you will find a lot of people traped in windows because of TC,

the first program i run with wine is TC, i aware of the existence of wine because i searched: "total commander linux"

i think i represent a lot of common user!
If you can live without the GUI, Midnight Commander is pretty good in what it does.