Option for Explorer levels logic when using of backspace.

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Do you want an option for Explorer levels logic when using of backspace ?

Yes, make it an option.
48%
No, no becauose ... i just say no.
52%

Total votes: 27

AL|EN

Option for Explorer levels logic when using of backspace.

Post by *AL|EN »

As you can see here: ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=27181&start=0 there is partial solution. I want to have such thing as simple option.

Pls vote for it :!:

EDIT: It's not a poll for default behavior ! It's on;y for adding a choice for people !
Last edited by AL|EN on 2010-08-21, 17:33 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Xnor

Post by *Xnor »

No,
because folders like MyComputer / Desktop are handled like network folders and I don't like it at all.
That's why I use for Desktop the personal desktop "C:/<user>/desktop".

Also I don't need the MyComputer folder, I can access to all drivers over the drive bar or how to call it.
And for the case I connect a portable device which doesn't appear in the bar I just open MyComputer over the menu.
#201591 Single user licence
gmb

Post by *gmb »

No, because Explorer's logic is stupid and irritating.
AL|EN

Post by *AL|EN »

OMG PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW WHAT "OPTION" MEANS ?

What is wrong with you all ? You denied something that is userfull for some people only because you don't like it ?
Xnor

Post by *Xnor »

well, if it would be standardly turned off, I could let talk with me. Just as long as I don't need to care about it with turning it off etc.
#201591 Single user licence
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

I voted YES even if I am against it :)

Reason: it may be helpful for people addicted to Explorer so an Option would not hurt.

I also think that it should be the part of configuration sets* (discussed before) which TC could offer during installation time.

*) Two configuration sets:
- standard configuration - as it is now,
- Explorer like - Desktop as top level, same shortcuts (i.e. F2 rename, F5 refresh), same columns etc.

BTW AL|EN it is called poll not pool :)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

AL|EN

Post by *AL|EN »

Thank you. Also you idea is great. The first login startup screen allowing to choose the configuration will be also great.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

gmb wrote:No, because Explorer's logic is stupid and irritating.
Agree:) I wish an option in Explorer to revert normal behaviour when Backspace is always moves one level up instead of stupid 'go back' function that may be achieved using Alt+Left. :D

But if we're talking about using Backspace in drive root to go to Computer, I agree that such option should be added. Even more, I think that TC should go to Computer from drive root on Backspace if already existing option to show [..] item in root is enabled. Logic is simple - if I see [..] item, I can go up using Backspace too. :wink:

I don't need such option but if someone can't live w/o Explorer and he likes such Backspace behaviour, why not.

BTW I think you should describe both choices with details in first vote post.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Maybe I am the only one but I do not understand the sense of this poll.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I voted yes to an option.

And I agree with fenix_productions and MVV
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Hacker.

You have to read the thread pointed to in the initial post of this poll carefully. It is about going back from the root of a drive by pressing backspace to "My Computer" (possible in T.C.) and to "Desktop" (not possible in T.C.).

What I do not like about this poll is that it is a black vs white poll: you either request this change or you reject it for no good reason at all.

I do not support the request. But I do not object to an option, either.

Reason:
Pretty simple: if I wished to use an Explorer clone, I would not be using Total Commander, but an Explorer clone.

Kind regards,
Karl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hello karlchen,
I understand the poll and the options, I just do not understand the purpose.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

It is about going back from the root of a drive by pressing backspace to "My Computer" (possible in T.C.) and to "Desktop" (not possible in T.C.)
Agree for an option to go to Desktop (cm_OpenDesktop) by Backspace. If it helps people to make work with TC easier it should be done.

Don't agree to switch to "My Computer" by Backspace. This fuction is useless for me. Drives are accessed faster by ALT+F1 / ALT+F2 or buttonbar.
Last edited by Matthias030 on 2010-08-24, 15:35 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Agree for an option to go to Desktop (cm_OpenDesktop) by ESC. If it helps people to make work with TC easier it should be done.
You may already go to desktop by Esc, just assign cm_OpenDesktop to Esc. But current vote is for going to My Computer by Backspace from drive root.
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

You may already go to desktop by Esc, just assign cm_OpenDesktop to Esc. But current vote is for going to My Computer by Backspace from drive root.
Oh, I was sleeping while writing this post. Of course I mean Backspace and not ESC :roll:

I corrected previous post