Bug 6.01 tab and enter stop working

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hamoid

Bug 6.01 tab and enter stop working

Post by *hamoid »

Hi :) Happy new year :)

I'm writing because since version 6.01 I get this very annoying bug. After using TC for a while, the ENTER, ESC and TAB keys stop working. I commented this to Christian by email, he said it was because I wasn't closing some lister windows.

But the thing is that this never happened before. But is hard to reproduce, so I can't say when exactly it happens. But it happens always.

I've noticed than when this is happening, in memory I have some
~E5D141.TMP files running. Now I can see that the file is 1336 kb in size, and I was installing a program about the same size half hour ago. Maybe it happens when I install programs?

The only solution is always to close TC and reopen. Sometimes after doing this I see in memory 4 or 5 copies of TC running in the background.

Someone experienced this? I'm running the Xoblite desktop, maybe it has something to do. But as I said, previous versions never had this problem.

Greetings to all,

Abe P.
Clo

Why not?

Post by *Clo »

2hamoid
:D Hello!
Maybe it happens when I install programs?
:roll: Why not? Some installers "forget" to clear the Temp dir. when the installation is ended... Since Windows always forgets too, that dir. becomes quickly a real mess...
:idea: Maybe could you clear the TEMP dir by hand, from time to time, and watch if the quoted keys work always normally then?
:wink: What an odd issue!
¤ Glad to hear more about this,
:) kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2hamoid
Did you start any program or open a file just before the problems start? If yes, which one? The keys don't work when Windows is handling the window message queue instead of TC, which happens when the function to run a program hangs.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
hamoid

Post by *hamoid »

i think it is related to starting programs, but for weeks i've been trying to spot the exact moment without any luck.

usually after half hour or an hour after starting TC i notice - "oh no.. again" - but haven't found which was the reason.

Maybe irfanview with jpg's inside zips? maybe editing files inside zips? or starting zipped exe's? hope i can tell soon...
Roberto Duarte Barreto

Post by *Roberto Duarte Barreto »

<I'm writing because since version 6.01 I get this very annoying bug. <zAfter using TC for a while, the ENTER, ESC and TAB keys stop working. <I commented this to Christian by email, he said it was because I wasn't <closing some lister windows.

<The only solution is always to close TC and reopen. Sometimes after <doing this I see in memory 4 or 5 copies of TC running in the <background.

I have this behavior in the next situation:
Right pane with a list of JPG's (more than 1500) say \jpg. Make a Tab (\jpg1). From \jpg I make QuickView. Browse files. Some of them I need a more detailed view so, double click to get IView. Another doubleclick to full screen. Back to TC, some of them are drag&drop in the tab.
After an indetermined number of operations, the problem appears.

Using XP PRO SP1 spanish, with all updates from WU. Iview 3.85.

I hope this may contribute to clarify this situation.

Saludos
Licence 39728
hamoid

Post by *hamoid »

Finally I found it!

This happens when I start Flash MX 2004! Flash starts two weird processes, and it looks like it has something to do with the bug. If I start Flash from outside TC, then there is no problem. (Anyways, it would be nice if I could just open Flash from TC opening my .FLA files directly..., now TC doesn't like it)

I found out thanks to one of the very useful free tools at www.sysinternals.com (proccess explorer). Maybe some of you want to try them: real time proccess information, disk activity monitoring, tcp monitoring...

Greetings,

aBe
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It seems that the function to start flash mx (shellexecuteex) doesn't return to Total Commander until flash mx is closed. This seems to be a bug in the DDE handling of flash mx.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com