Folder created with TC not visible

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DougAJ4

Folder created with TC not visible

Post by *DougAJ4 »

Acer Iconia 500 with Android 3.01 and Dell studio laptop with Windows 7.

I copied a folder of photographs (approx 700 MB) from the Dell to a USB stick, then from the USB to the Acer (mnt/sdcard/Pictures/).

I could see the new folder (name 11-07) in TC, and I could view individual photographs using Gallery, but none of the Acer picture viewing apps found the new folder, even though they could see all the other sub-folders in the Pictures folder.

I then connected the Acer to the Dell with a USB cable, and looked at the Pictures folder from the Windows machine (using "Computer"). The listing of the Pictures folder did not show the 11-07 folder.

I then deleted the 11-07 folder on the Acer (using TC), and re-copied it over through the USB cable, using Windows. The folder is now visible to all the picture viewing apps on the Acer.

I have also just created a new folder on the Acer, using TC (name 11-070). This folder is not visible when viewed from the Dell via the USB cable, or using the Gallery App. It is visible however from all the file manager apps I have installed (TC, Astro, File Expert, and File Manager HD)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strange, it looks like the system does some kind of caching, so the old directory listing taken from the cache doesn't see the new folder/files yet.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DougAJ4

Post by *DougAJ4 »

Update:

I updated my Acer Iconia 500 to Honeycomb 3.1 today and it seems that the problem described in this thread has gone away. New folders created on the tablet are now visible to the Gallery app immediately.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your feedback! Hopefully it was a bug in 3.0 (which was rushed to market by Google after the success of the iPad).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com