Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

hamoid,
.Advanced Colouring.
Isn't that already there?

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Jabrecer

Deleting Duplicates...

Post by *Jabrecer »

Thanks Everybody for your help.

I'm doing what vlado, from slovakia says: Moving all the list of duplicates to a dir, overwriting duplicates, so I keep uniques files.

BUT NOW I REALIZE that I need to move the files back to the source dir from where I moved the files, because sometimes I organize my midi files in dirs like ballad, rock, etc.

So, I Hope maybe in the future the author of TC could implement DELETING ALL DUPLICATES Option after we feed the duplicates files in the listbox, BUT AT THE SAME TIME KEEPS UNIQUES.

thanks a lot Folks.
(Gracias amigos)
Tony Bretado
chasbas

Re: Deleting Duplicates...

Post by *chasbas »

Jabrecer wrote:Thanks Everybody for your help.
BUT NOW I REALIZE that I need to move the files back to the source dir from where I moved the files, because sometimes I organize my midi files in dirs like ballad, rock, etc.

So, I Hope maybe in the future the author of TC could implement DELETING ALL DUPLICATES Option after we feed the duplicates files in the listbox, BUT AT THE SAME TIME KEEPS UNIQUES.
But which copy of each duplicate file do you want to keep? How should TC decide which ones to delete and which one to keep?

In fact, you might *still* have to do this manually since you might well have to decide on a case-by-case basis which copy of the file to keep!

I suppose you could maintain a list of directories sorted in the order that you'd like to keep the files, but now you're getting way out of the realm of what TC should do, IMO. What should it do if a directory is not in the list, or in the list twice? It's just too involved for a general-purpose file manager, and too easy to delete the wrong file.

chas