Can't find USB drive

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DougAJ4

Can't find USB drive

Post by *DougAJ4 »

In the past a USB drive has been accessible from the top level directory in TC for Android, but today it is not there!

I have found the USB drive and the file I was looking for by using File Manager HD, so I know the drive is working OK.

In TC, if I navigate to the top level there is nothing related to USB listed.

If I select File System Root there is a usbdrive folder, but it is empty.

In File Manager HD there is also an empty usbdrive folder, but also a usb_storage folder, which has all the files on the USB drive visible.

Unfortunately I don't know when the last time I used a USB drive with TC was, so I don't know if this is associated with the latest TC version, or if it is caused by an update of the Android system.

I am using an Acer A500 with Honeycomb 3.1.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try to go to the file system root "/", then to "mnt". All mounted paths should be visible there.

Once you know the right location, go back to the home screen, then hold down your finger on the sd-card entry until the context menu appears. Now you can change the location to which this link points, so it matches the changed name.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DougAJ4

Post by *DougAJ4 »

Thanks, I got it working now. I added a shortcut to the usb_storage folder, rather than changing the location for the sd-card entry.

Would it be possible to have USB drives automatically appear on the Home screen when they are connected?