Feature request: ALT + + on folders.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Feature request: ALT + + on folders.

Post by *wanderer »

In TC's config, in the Selection (with Gray + ), i have set "select files only" which IMO is more convenient than "also select dirs" but i miss "group selection of folders" options. The following one would help very much.

Instead of getting the message "No matches found" when pressing ALT + + on a folder, TC could automatically select all folders (as it happens on files) or even better, display the expand selection box in order for the user to enter a pattern which would be used to select folders only. This setting should not depend on whether you have selected "select files only" in the config.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2wanderer

In general Alt+ (except function keys and other non printable characters of course) hotkeys are not well chosen. There could always be conflicts with menus accelerators.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

2 Lefteous

OK. This combination is already being used in TC. I'd just like to see it upgraded. :)
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Pressing Alt+Gray+ on a folder (without an extension in the name - as they mostly are) will select all files with no extension - but only select dirs with no extension if "also select directories" is chosen in config.

That seems to be a logical way to do it.

I suggest Ctrl+Shift+Gray+ and Ctrl+Shift+Gray- for selecting/deselecting all files including dirs regardless of the setting of "also select directories".

I don't think there is much chance of pressing those combinations by accident - thus accidently deleting dirs.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar