Deleting none empty directory from file server

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cbe

Deleting none empty directory from file server

Post by *cbe »

Hi everybody,

I have been using TC for a very long time now, but with version 6.01 I'm having a problem wich I can't resolve on my own.
I have a Linux server running Samba. When I try to delete a none empty directory on that server nothing happens :(
I have searched the help files, this forum and all the options but I can't find the answer to my problem.
Btw, when I try to remove a none empty directory on a local drive everything works just fine.
I'm probebly missing something very simple, but I don't know what.
Thank for any help you can give me

Regards,
Cor van den Berghe
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This happens when you sometimes have received backup privileges - Samba goes mad when this happens. Only solution: Reboot your computer.

I wonder what program is getting you backup privileges. You can detect that you have backup privileges by trying to enter the folder "System volume information". Not even admins are allowed to enter it, except if you have backup privileges. It's possible that some backup program sets this privielege, or a TC plugin.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
cbe

Post by *cbe »

Thanks for your reply. I guess you're right because when I try to delete a none empty directory on the server from TC running on my Laptop it does'nt work. When I try to delete the same directory with TC running on my desktop PC everything works the way it should and the directory is deleted.
What did'nt work was youre tip te reboot te computer. I suppose some program has given my permanent backup privaliges.
I'll try to find a sollution to this problem. If I find it I'll let you know.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Cor van den Berghe
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It could be caused by a program loading at startup, or as I wrote by a TC plugin. Make sure not to use any plugin before trying to access the Samba drive.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com