Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dott

Post by *dott »

Yeah and I would like to fly, nevertheless the spam isn't good enough for this, better buy some wings.
Probablemente no
sylvio2000

Post by *sylvio2000 »

I thought that WDXInfoPacker should be able to output like I see it in TC. But I just dont get how to use this plugin.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

You can setup a custom view with fields you want for each file, then copy that content to clipboard (cm_CopyFileDetailsToClip) and paste in your favourite text editor.
j

Post by *j »

I started to write a MediaInfo based plug-in about a year ago.

Unfortunately I never came to finish/polish it, so it never got released.

If anyone wants to pick up the work, feel free to do so. Just get the source and start hacking (I just tried to compile it with a recent MediaInfoDLL.h and conentplug.h and it seems to work)....

Disclaimer: Might crash, might burn, might expose how bad your movie collection really is ;-). It was just a very quick and dirty code-dump but worked for the purpose I intended.

Download: Source Code and Binary
Make sure the plug-in can find the MediaInfo.dll library which has to be somewhere in the path.

Features missing:
- It tends to be a bit slow on large directories as there is no caching implemented.
- It supports only Unicode for now but it should be easy to adapt if one really needs to have Ansi support.
- It does not support all fields provided by MediaInfo
- It only supports the first stream of any given container so it can't show bit rates for a second audio track in mkv etc.
daaawooo

"native" OS info columns

Post by *daaawooo »

hey,

why the hassle with slow .BATs or extra plugin ?
if TC would be able to show native OS/Explorer columns the problem should be solved ?

SpeedC. seems to be able to to that.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

why the hassle with slow .BATs or extra plugin ?
Because this is the power of TC:
Use plugins for special functionalities and do not slow down the basic program.
#5767 Personal license
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I recompiled the MediaInfo WDX for x64 platform. I also added some kind of caching thus it should be faster now. Also the latest MediaInfo[64].dll is already included in the plugin archive and loaded from the plugin folder.

Download: wdx_mediainfo.rar (x86/x86-64) (C++ sources included)
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

I recompiled the MediaInfo WDX
1. Wrong Bitrade format.
Example: [=mediainfo.audio bitrate.bps] = 128000.
It realy =128Kbps
But displayed [=mediainfo.audio bitrate.kbps] = 125
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_rate#Prefixes

2. Cropped string in [=mediainfo.video encoded library settings]

3. [=mediainfo.video bitrate] - ??? I don't now what displayed, but in not video bitade.

Please, fix it.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

2LonerD
Can you please download and check again. Can you provide sample files?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

tbeu
Audio bitrate fixed.
Video bitrate - not fixed.
And string [=mediainfo.video encoded library settings] still cropped
Sample - any mkv-AVC video file:
http://www.multiupload.com/APLZ66YLN9
Bit rate - 4 924 Kbps, but plugin display 5024.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

2LonerD
Please download again. Video bitrate is fixed. Video encoded lib settings is very long string (698 characters). You can still copy full length string to clipboard.
damjang

Post by *damjang »

It will be possible to do also a lister plugin for media info? For me it will be very usefull :-)
iana

Post by *iana »

Found this by accident while searching google for a mediainfo wdx it's on the Russian forum http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579
been using the wdx beta and wlx for some time without problems you can get the wlx from http://total.darkhost.ru/files/beta/wlx_mediainfo.zip and wdx http://total.darkhost.ru/files/beta/wdx_tcmediainfo_062_beta.zip note this is a different wdx,
after that you should update mediainfo.dll from http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net
I don't know why the author hasn't posted these plugins on totalcmd.net as he has a few other plugins over there.
damjang

Post by *damjang »

Thank you. It work! But how I can set TC to use first this plugin and don't display video with internal lister player? I make this plugin the first loaded, but not help.
iana

Post by *iana »

The easiest way is to use Alexey's TC Plugins Manager http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/tc_plugman.html
in Order-> Loading Order of Lister Plugins set wlx_media info above media payers (if you're not sure what plugins are media players set it as the first plugin)
Or in lister Options->Configure->LS Plugins set this plugin above media players.