The forum notifying mails has been stopped

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

The forum notifying mails has been stopped

Post by *ts4242 »

The forum notifying mails has been stopped, I noticed that because i find new reply in topics i watch but i didn't receive any notification at my e-mail.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Hoecker sie sind raus!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

DAMN!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately we are still on their spam list, although no spam block lists blocks us. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Is there any mail rule we can set up in GMail configuration in order to avoid this?
I Love Total Commander!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, because I'm simply not sending them, in the hope that we will eventually get down from their blacklist.
TimA

Post by *TimA »

I have posted a complaint on the Gmail forum, but there is no support and no way to actually contact Gmail.

I would still like to receive notifications, even if I know that I have to look in my spam box and click on Not Spam.

How will we know when Gmail do take your domain names of their spam list?

If you could make the Gmail sticky stand out a little (Gmail styled in red or something?) people would figure it out.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

there is no support and no way to actually contact Gmail.
I noticed the same, therefore the drastic reaction to turn off all notifications.
I would still like to receive notifications, even if I know that I have to look in my spam box and click on Not Spam.
Open a second free mail account, e.g. Yahoo or Hotmail, define mail forwarding for it to your gmail account, and then change your e-mail in the forum to that new account. I don't know whether the above services support mail forwarding, so you need to check that first.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
I don't know whether the above services support mail forwarding, so you need to check that first.
One can always configure Gmail to fetch mail from other accounts using POP3.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I created a filter in Google Mail which ignores the spam filter. It can be reached through Google Mail settings.
TimA

Post by *TimA »

Lefteous - This would only work if the mail was actually being sent. If nothing is actually coming to your account the filters don't really do much.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote:No, because I'm simply not sending them, in the hope that we will eventually get down from their blacklist.
You are not on their blacklist. If you were, e-mails would not be delivered at all (according to information from Google). But your e-mails are considered to be spam by their spam rules. If users would mark one e-mail from you in the spam folder as "Not spam", then all future e-mails will probably be delivered OK for that user. (It did work that way when I tested it by sending myself e-mails through the forum.)

I don't think that not sending e-mails anymore will have much influence on their spam rules. And by doing so you are denying people to receive your e-mails and clicking the "Not spam" button like you are asking them to do here.

In effect, you are not on their blacklist, but you have put gmail on yours. I doubt if this is the best action.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

white wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:No, because I'm simply not sending them, in the hope that we will eventually get down from their blacklist.
You are not on their blacklist. If you were, e-mails would not be delivered at all (according to information from Google). But your e-mails are considered to be spam by their spam rules. If users would mark one e-mail from you in the spam folder as "Not spam", then all future e-mails will probably be delivered OK for that user. (It did work that way when I tested it by sending myself e-mails through the forum.)

I don't think that not sending e-mails anymore will have much influence on their spam rules. And by doing so you are denying people to receive your e-mails and clicking the "Not spam" button like you are asking them to do here.

In effect, you are not on their blacklist, but you have put gmail on yours. I doubt if this is the best action.
Support++ from my side.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

white wrote:You are not on their blacklist. If you were, e-mails would not be delivered at all (according to information from Google).
Beside that e-mails comes from the [support] [at] [ghisler] [dot] [com] are delivered to gmail account without problem.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beside that e-mails comes from the [support] [at] [ghisler] [dot] [com] are delivered to gmail account without problem.
No, actually not - all e-mails sent to GMail from my support account go directly to the spam folder, with one exception: When I reply to an e-mail received from a GMail user, the reply goes to the inbox. Since forum notifications aren't replies, they all go to the spam folder too.