Visual things

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ThurahT

Visual things

Post by *ThurahT »

Hi. I wonder if there is away to make crtl+up NOT to open a new tab?? I just want to open tabs with crtl(shift)+t and nothing else...

And then I wonder if it would be possible to display the name and or ipnr of the ftp in the small border just above the window. As it is no I have to do the ALT+F1/F2 too spot what ftp it is I'm browsing. I have a minimalistic apperance of totalcmd and I very much prefer to have that..

Regards,
ThurahT
Clo

No miracle---

Post by *Clo »

2ThurahT
Hello!
• Currently, Ctrl+Up makes a new tab for the dir. under the cursor.
Ctrl+Shift+T creates a new tab for the open dir. in the active pannel.

• In some cases, it's possible to remap these shortcuts in the Options...
¤ If you do not enable "Show the current dirs" in the Options >>> Layout, the names of the dirs. - local or remote in FTP - will not appear miraculously above the pannels! :wink:
I have a minimalistic apperance of totalcmd and I very much prefer to have that..
* It's your choice... But TC isn't a wizard yet; you might display a minimal number of items to get that you wish...

:mrgreen: Regards
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-02-10, 20:57 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Visual things

Post by *Sheepdog »

ThurahT wrote:Hi. I wonder if there is away to make crtl+up NOT to open a new tab?? I just want to open tabs with crtl(shift)+t and nothing else...

And then I wonder if it would be possible to display the name and or ipnr of the ftp in the small border just above the window. As it is no I have to do the ALT+F1/F2 too spot what ftp it is I'm browsing. I have a minimalistic apperance of totalcmd and I very much prefer to have that..

Regards,
ThurahT
From TC Helpfile

Code: Select all

Configuration - Misc.	

Redefine hotkeys (keyboard remapping)
Assign an internal function to unused or already used shortcut keys.

Hotkey:	Define a hotkey here.
Command:	Assign an internal command to the hotkey. To undefine a hotkey, choose 'Default command (no remapping)'. Warning: It will not be shown whether a hotkey is used internally by Total Commander or not. Reason: Total Commander uses a more efficient system internally for hotkeys.
checkmark	Click to define the hotkey
sheepdog
ThurahT

Re: No miracle---

Post by *ThurahT »

Clo wrote:2ThurahT

¤ If you do not enable "Show the current dirs" in the Options >>> Layout, the names of the dirs. - local or remote in FTP - will not appear miraculously above the pannels! :wink:
Hehe.. I know.. I know.. I just thought it would be nice to have it in the small border as well.. : )

@sheepdog Hey thanx.. : ) I now change attribute with crtl+up instead.. Wont pass a day without learning smthng new.. : )
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: No miracle---

Post by *Sheepdog »

ThurahT wrote: Wont pass a day without learning smthng new.. : )
hope for me it won't too :wink:

sheepdog