[x64] Two-lined main menu has wrong background

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

With your Luna theme on Windows 7, you probably have the default system menu in 32-bit TC all the time (I assume that drawing own gradient is active only on XP). But the difference here is how default menu looks like. Again, check Notepad. Here the gradient is by default. So native menu in TC means menu with gradient.
You are right. Under Win XP my Notepad does not have gradient background, but under Win 7 my Notepad has a gradient background with my Luna theme.

Thanks for clarification - a pity though that I cannot disable it under Win 7 - I hate that gradient.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ah, I see - the 32-bit version does something different: It sets a background bitmap on XP for the menu! On Windows Vista/7, this isn't possible because the menu background is drawn themed by Windows itself.

The 64-bit version is different: Here, it's an owner-drawn menu drawn by the Lazarus framework.

I think that I will keep it like this for now.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I think that I will keep it like this for now.
OK - maybe later - if it is not too cumbersome. :-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

Not that I'm fan of this, but it shouldn't be too hard or problematic. It needs to cover only one case when themes are enabled in Windows and disabled in TC.

Then the menubar would become owner-drawn, with only one style to support, because with themes enabled in Windows, menus are always flat. So just one background color for inactive and one for active menu items, with text centered inside menu item space, nothing more.

All other cases (themes enabled in both Windows and TC, themes disabled in Windows and no matter the settings in TC) would stay unmodified and use system-drawn menubar. Therefore the change should be pretty safe and not mess up TC beyond repair without an option to do something about it.