[TC 8.0 x32/x64] Different shortcut behavior in Lister

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jvh

[TC 8.0 x32/x64] Different shortcut behavior in Lister

Post by *jvh »

Maybe not a bug but there is different shortcut behavior between 32-bit and 64-bit version of Lister.

It requires some natinal keyboard where numbers 1 to 7 aren't default characters when you press these keys on keyboard (not on numpad).
I use Czech keyboard layout where are characters +ěščřžý and numbers are written only when Shift key is pressed.

Lister 32-bit
View any file and press key 1 to 7 (where are actually assigned characters +ěščřžý on CZ layout). Lister changes view mode (Text only/Binary/Hex etc.) - it seems that ignore keyboard layout and uses US one.
Please note that this is wanted behavior for me (more user friendly).

Lister 64-bit
View any file and press key 1 to 7. Nothing will happen - you have to press Shift key+number to change Lister view mode.
This behavior is more logical but less user friendly.

Tested with Lister in TC 8.01 x32 and TC 8.01 x64 with clean ini files. OS Win 7 x64.

Please can someone with keyboard layout other than US confirm this behavior?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

jvh,
Confirmed.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

These hotkeys are not handled by TC itself, but by the main menu. Unfortunately it seems that Delphi and Lazarus handle menu hotkeys in a different way.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MarcinW
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MarcinW »

I have no experience with multilingual keyboard layouts. But isn't this thread connected somehow with http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=35592 ? In particular, see comment with MapVirtualKeyEx function.