How to copy one file to many directories?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

szmulik

How to copy one file to many directories?

Post by *szmulik »

Hi

I need to copy a single file to many directories in a (large) directory tree. Is there and (easy) way of doing that in Total Commander?

Best Regards
Peter
Clo

D&D

Post by *Clo »

2szmulik
I need to copy a single file to many directories in a (large) directory tree. Is there and (easy) way of doing that in Total Commander?
:)  Hello,
Welcome !
• I you have to copy the same file to i.e. 20 ...30 sub-dirs, you can use Drag & Drop, which doesn't display any dialog when copying :
- In the Configuration >>>Options >>> Misc. >>> uncheck the box "Drag&Drop ..."
- Display the file to copy in a pannel,
- Display the target directories (part of the tree) in the other pannel,
- Then, just carry the file with the mouse over each dir / sub dir in which you need that file copied, keeping the left mouse-button pressed, then just loosen the button. None need to open these dirs / sub-dirs..
• Whether you'ld have to copy the files hundreds times, that could take a so long while relatively...
:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

...or you can use TCScriptEditor: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2499
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!