Missing icons at the end of the list

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mhaecki

Missing icons at the end of the list

Post by *mhaecki »

I'm using a HTC Flyer (Android 3.2.1) and TC rc4

While scrolling down in the application list (///Apps) more and more icons are missing at the end of the list. Missing means, there is the white document icon (standard) instead the application one. While scrolling down, it continues to load the application icons, but once fully scrolled down, there stay the last 6 missing.

The same happens with the pictures from the camera.

However, it does not happen on my HTC S610d (Android 2.3.4)

Pictures available on request.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

How many apps do you have installed? It may be an out of memory problem, Android only gives a small amount of memory to each app.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mhaecki

Post by *mhaecki »

I have 72 apps installed.

The problem starts with scrolling down. So when I have some 20 apps scrolled down, then the last 5-6 have no icon. Scrolling more down they get loaded and again the last once do not have it. Finally about 66 have an Icon, 6 do not have. I can scroll up again and all icons above are set.

It looks less like memory, but more like a question of knowing which icons are visible - and therefore which icons have to be loaded.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It looks less like memory, but more like a question of knowing which icons are visible - and therefore which icons have to be loaded.
I don't think so, that's handled by Android itself. I don't have that many apps, but it works with many photos...
mhaecki

Post by *mhaecki »

When I just open the ///Apps then there are 20 applications visible and 19 of it have an icon set.
Scrolling up (=move with the finger up), when there are just 15 with icons (and 6 without) then it loads the next one and then are again 15/6 until the end of the list.
Same thing happens with photos from the SD-card.

It can also be that it is an issue of Android 3.2.1 with HTC Sense 1.1 and a screen which can show 20 lines at once ...
mhaecki

Post by *mhaecki »

A follow-up after long time to close the case.

Now using TC 2.01 - the problem has disappeard. Can not say since when...

Thanks for your work!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It was a problem in older versions, not only in the list of apps, but everywhere when the screen shows a lot (>15) entries.