Testing 2.02 beta 2

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Cvulturbo

Testing 2.02 beta 2

Post by *Cvulturbo »

root anywhere
-----------------------------------

first when "Configure - Root functions anywhere" is "unchecked" and we trying to remove symlink to the folder.

1. normaly it should remove symlink (unlink) (like rm does), but instead it removes symlink and whole target folder content. it is very dangerous! you want to remove only symlink, but lose all content.

2. also when this option is "unchecked" all symlinks to folders shown as folders, but in this mode hard to find is this symlink or regular folder. and files also are shown as regular files instead of symlink. it would be nice to have a small "->" sign at the end of the file name or folder like when this option is "checked".

3. when we will "check" "Configure - Root functions anywhere", symlinks to folder now will be shown as files without extension and will be sorted below folders. in this case hard to navigate to symlinked folders between hundreds of files. would be great draw symlinked folders as folders with small "->" sign and name of the link's target or with the additional small arrow icon in the corner of main icon.

4. when we trying copy symlink to elswhere we always get copy of symlink's taget, but not symlink itself. Yes normaly cp do the same, but in practice cp -d option is used very often when copying symlinks. Wound be cool to see simple dialog with - "what to copy?" question and with "target" / "symlink" buttons.

icons
-------------------------------------

The problem drawing of icons in the Internal associations dialog.

To see it we need create folder on sdcard and put there 300 icons 48x48 in png format (for example: http://www.iconhot.com/icon/zip/human-o2%20png.zip) and then

1. create new association via "Configure - Internal associations" menu

2. tap on "icon" button and navigate to icons folder. (icons now shown fully and fast.)

3. choose an icon and close the dialog.

Now repeat steps 1 - 3 five or six times. on step 2 icons will be drawing slower and slower each time and stops drawing at all.

pop-up
----------------------------------------

there is hard to catch little bug with pop-up menu on file / folder. Normally, when we long taping on icon pops-up selection menu, when long taping on file name pops-up action menu. But sometimes when we long taping on file name pops-up selection menu. Hard to catch this. It is very rare glitch.

cifs
-------------------------------------

hang-up with mounted remote resource.
what symptoms: when we have mounted remote common filesystem to the local folder and surf content of the mounted resource, total comander freezes and makes cpu load.

how to repeat:

first connect device to the network over wifi find remote machine in the same subnetwork with samba shares and mount its resource to the local folder:
moun -t cifs -o rw //192.168.0.1/share /mnt/folder (not so easy, but for example :))

navigate to the mounted folder

now switch off wifi module on the device and return to the total commander

total commander now freezed for a long time with some cpu loading. All we can do this tap "force close" or "wait" button on pop-up system window. with 1000 Mhz dual core cpu it unfreezes after 2 minutes waiting. should notice that at the same time cifs.ko cause I/O error shown by df command until reboot.

-----------------------------------------------

additional thing is toolbar. which is not fully customizeable.

some function like zip or sorting order is used very rare. But user's custom comands - often. Now we able to create buttons with custom shell command like "sh /path/script.sh %N" this command gives us run own busybox script with one parametr for our script as file name.

With this feature we can do absolutely anything we want. It is magic of linux shell scripting. for example we can mount remote folder, switch wifi on/of with svc, run activities with am, format /system partition :), and all that in one click on toolbar button.

usually busybox installed in /system/xbin but in $PATH env variable /system/bin has priority. and for support of full featured linux scripting we need make priority to busybox folder. If we create new button with
Command: su
Parametrs: export PATH=/system/xbin:$PATH ; sh %P%N
we will be able to run full featured linux scripts

linux scripts can receive many parameters as cmd line arguments ($0 $1 $2.... with space as delimiter) but now tc gives us specify only one as %N.

this is why multi parametrs sounds well. and %N can consist of the names of all selected files delimited with space. anyway for the correct selection in this case, user is responsible by himself..
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1, 2. Sorry, when using the Java functions, we are not told whether a folder is a link or a real folder.
3. Sorry, in this mode I use ls -l, and this doesn't allow to determine whether a link points to a file or to a folder.

I cannot reproduce that icons stop drawing at all. :-(
there is hard to catch little bug with pop-up menu on file / folder. Normally, when we long taping on icon pops-up selection menu, when long taping on file name pops-up action menu. But sometimes when we long taping on file name pops-up selection menu. Hard to catch this. It is very rare glitch.
I have never seen this - any idea what I need to do to reproduce it?
hang-up with mounted remote resource.
I don't think that there is anything I can do - TC just calls the Java function to enumerate files in a folder. There is no function to abort this or set a timeout. Any ideas?

Toolbar: Just switch to single line toolbar and scroll the buttons sideways until you see only your own buttons.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Cvulturbo

Post by *Cvulturbo »

I cannot reproduce that icons stop drawing at all
ok, not sure about ICS or JB, it may be os-depended, my os is 2.3.4
Sorry, I can not reproduce it too, tried for a long time, but unfortunately. i will watch for it.
I use ls -l, and this doesn't allow to determine whether a link points to a file or to a folder.
yeah. not sure is there api, but we can test target in way:

str="$(ls -l link)"

[ -d "${str#* -> }" ] && echo "is dir" || echo "is not dir"
Cvulturbo

Post by *Cvulturbo »

About root functions anywhere.

i have splitted external sdcard on two partitions - fat32 mounted by android as usualy, and ext2 mounted from init.d by command:

mount -t ext2 -o rw /dev/block/vold/179:34 /mnt/sdcard-ext2

When root anywhere is "enabled", links to folders shown as files without extensions anywhere, except second partition of external sdcard (ext2). for this volume symlinks shows as regular files and folders.

It looks like root functions didn't work on linux partitions on external sdcard.

should notice, have new line added to vold.fstab: dev_mount sdcard_ext2 /mnt/sdcard-ext2 2 /dev/null
line does nothing, just a little trick for shortcut at tc home. this applies only to external sdcard.

Added:

when we mount partition image (ubuntu.img) or samba share to internal filesystem with command:
mount -t ext2 -o loop ubuntu.img /mnt/image
all goes fine with root functions.

but if we mount image or samba share to folder on external sd-card:
mount -t ext2 -o loop ubuntu.img /mnt/sdcard-ext/image

root functions don't work when browsing this folder.

Added:

ok, readed in other topic that this is a special feature.
so is there plans to add support of root functions on sd-card in a future?
Last edited by Cvulturbo on 2013-05-25, 17:01 UTC, edited 8 times in total.
Cvulturbo

Post by *Cvulturbo »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Got it. to reproduce:

create an empty dir, create an empty file in this dir and then

1. long-tap on the file icon

2. drag this file to any empty space in this window-dir and drop it.

3. long-tap on the name of this file

now you will see action menu as expected.

Repeat step 1 - 3.

now you see selection menu instead of the usual menu.

hope you get the same result.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can report some progress:
1. normaly it should remove symlink (unlink) (like rm does), but instead it removes symlink and whole target folder content. it is very dangerous! you want to remove only symlink, but lose all content.
I have added code now which checks whether a directory is a link. I'm already doing this for directories within selected directories, but not for selected dirs yet.
when we mount partition image (ubuntu.img) or samba share to internal filesystem with command:
mount -t ext2 -o loop ubuntu.img /mnt/image
all goes fine with root functions.

but if we mount image or samba share to folder on external sd-card:
mount -t ext2 -o loop ubuntu.img /mnt/sdcard-ext/image

root functions don't work when browsing this folder.
Total Commander does not use root functions anywhere under the default sd-card folder. This is by design and will not be changed, sorry. Please mount your ext2 system elsewhere.
Got it. to reproduce:
create an empty dir, create an empty file in this dir and then
1. long-tap on the file icon
2. drag this file to any empty space in this window-dir and drop it.
3. long-tap on the name of this file
now you will see action menu as expected.
Repeat step 1 - 3.
now you see selection menu instead of the usual menu.
Confirmed and fixed, thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com