[WCX] CopyTree: Copying files with folder structure

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

You're welcome.
MVV wrote:Your new idea is not compatible with older versions too...
Yes it is. They don't have to remove the version numbers from existing strings of older versions - by default TC would just basically show "Version: unknown". But that's just a little technical question, it could be easily fixed by a simple regex checking of the [plugininstall] "description" field for version number (vx.x* or x.x*) - TC could remove it from the appropriate description on-the-fly (replace with "" blank field), and display it next to the Version, in case no additional version line exists in the inf file. Nothing needs to be modified in previous plugin packages.
BTW, any number of version strings may be replaced at once via search and replace function. :)
You don't say so... ? :P Thats my whole point, not to replace 5 - 8 - 30 - 6800 (~number of spoken lngs in the world) lines of code (its redundanct information & the pluginst.inf file is also bigger for nothing), besides this it would be nice to have a simple version field, that would remind developers to always fill out & update the version informations - and it would give an opportunity for future batch plugin updater tool(s) to exists, too (though for these kind of utils it would be the best to read the verinfo directly from the plugin file, since the original package's location is always unknown).
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

MVV wrote:...I'm afraid it is too long and complicated...
Standard-Problem of German language :wink:

Apropos "too long":
If a very long path appears in the "Overwrite dialogue", then the right part will be truncated. The displayed path could be reduced like "c:\data\project\....\lunar\test.doc"

I tried the option "Copy timestamp" while running in background. Message "Copying timestamp ..." appeared for 1/10 sec, then the dialogue closed and there where no copied timestamps.
Then I repeated the same command not in background - and timestamp copying was OK.

Bug or feature?

Here the German LNG:

Code: Select all

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="German.lng"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="German.lng"
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Last question:
How to "move" something? Is it the "Move to archive - option" from TC-pack dialogue?

Regards

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Peter wrote:Here the German LNG:
Thanks. Actually it is incorrect to call first file 'destination' and second one 'source' because usually 'source' is 'what to copy' and 'destination' is 'where to copy', i.e. vice versa. When you copy files from active panel to inactive, active panel is source and inactive one is destination.
Apropos "too long":
If a very long path appears in the "Overwrite dialogue", then the right part will be truncated. The displayed path could be reduced like "c:\data\project\....\lunar\test.doc"
You know, you can use mouse or keyboard to scroll or copy entire paths. In case of reducing it won't be possible.
How to "move" something? Is it the "Move to archive - option" from TC-pack dialogue?
Yes, and top label in copy options dialog shows 'move' in such case. I don't think it is too much usable though.
I tried the option "Copy timestamp" while running in background. Message "Copying timestamp ..." appeared for 1/10 sec, then the dialogue closed and there where no copied timestamps.
Please provide more details. How long was overall background process? Did you change plugin options before its end?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I've released latest version of plugin. :)

Copy Tree 1.2.1.192 (changes since 1.1.2.134):
+ option to copy timestamps of directories
+ copying encrypted files to target that doesn't support encryption (moving is still not allowed)
* now empty folders are copied by default (as TC does; use exclude mask "\" to get rid of them)

:D
Phred

Re: [WCX] CopyTree - copying files with folder structure

Post by *Phred »

MVV wrote:Features:
+ allows the setting up of include/exclude masks for file processing
+ allows choosing of a tree level dialog once or if Win key is down for every time
Re-Englished. ;)

See descriptions, re allows:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/photo-toolbox-1-12/
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/secret-box/
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Phred,
Thank you for corrections. Sorry but I can't find anything useful in your links. Anyway, here some questions about differences between your and my lines. I tried to send you an e-mail but couldn't.

Maybe it would be more correct to write set up instead of setup. Is there a significant difference between allows to set up ... masks and allows the setting up of ... masks?

Second item means that choose tree level dialog (maybe you can suggest shorter title) may be displayed in three cases: once (if checkbox is ticked), every time when Win key is down or just every time. I'm afraid your line doesn't hold all three ones.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Phred's holy war against "allows to":
You are not allowed to use "allows to". Use "allows ... ing" instead!

Or just rephrase:
Option to show "Choose tree level" dialog only once (press Win key to force the dialog to be shown again).

Assuming that this option can be set inside the "Tree Level" dialog itself:
[_] Show this dialog (Hold down <Win> key to show the dialog again)

BTW: Nice dialog!

Regards
Holger (non native English speaker, so may be still not correct...)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

HolgerK,
I need to mention that dialog may be shown every time, or when user holds Win, or when user ticks 'show once' checkbox.

I saw here that allow to is allowed with an infinitive complement. If that is incorrect, it would be great to see trustworthy article.

BTW: Thanks:)
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

I need to mention that dialog may be shown every time, or when user holds Win, or when user ticks 'show once' checkbox.
Maybe it would easier to use/understand if only a single option exists ("AskOptionsAlways") and "AskOptionsOnWin" would be hardwired to "1" (always possible).

"Ask for options (only this/next) time" and <Win> key is not an option but a temporary override of "AskOptionsAlways=0".
- Option to show the tree level dialog every time.
- Optional show the tree level dialog temporary/only in the current copy
action (via [Configure...] or by holding down <Win> key)
<Edit>
trustworthy article
Allows "to" needs an subject:
http://www.grammaring.com/to-infinitive-or-gerund-advise-allow-permit-forbid-recommend-require

So "allows the user to do something" is correct, while "allows to do something" is not.
</Edit>

Regards
Holger
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Hi i have tested your plugin & plugin works at XP & 7 (32bit) but at 2000 i always get message "Some items weren't copied/moved successfully:", probably plugin not work at w2k.

Regards
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It should work. What items can't be copied?
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Plugin copy all required directories but non files, just show warning that this files can't be copied (list all of them) & finish job
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I tested it under Win2K and discovered that it is because of flag COPY_FILE_ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION that I pass to CopyFileEx function.
It seems that the function reports error because of unknown flag (strange why it doesn't ignore it). I'll add a workaround for Win2K.

Added at 19:35:

Please try updated version.

CopyTree 1.2.2.204:
* improved duplicate used file mask check
* fixed copying timestamps of directories in case of max level (with drive letter)
* fixed some network path issues
* fixed copy error in Windows 2000 (introduced in 1.2.1.192)
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Works fine Thank You ;)