New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please put ALL the dlls from the zip into the TC folder. The newer dlls depend on other dlls in that zip.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JustAFewProbs

Post by *JustAFewProbs »

wellwell
ive been trying to ask this question for several days, but whenever i tried to post it, the board would reject me posting an internet link, which i didnt

Therefore im pretty much avoiding all interpunctuation, sorry

Im running Win8 64 bit, and v1 4 1 of the plugin. Ive tried the 64bit versions of

c 7 27
c 7 29
c 7 31

and put them all into various places, like tcdirectory 64 or x64, in the plugin directory itself or anywhere else
However, whenever i run it from my network places, i get the ,please put, error.
I wanted to go back to a different version of the plugin itself, but couldnt find the older version anywhere

Strangely enough, when i try to connect with ,client, from network places, at first it seemed to establish the connection (it asked me whether i really wanted to connect, as it aint guaranteed this is the pc i think it is. Key is blablabla), but has been crashing everytime i attempted a connection

I guess im kind of out of options here
bafibo

Post by *bafibo »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Please put ALL the dlls from the zip into the TC folder. The newer dlls depend on other dlls in that zip.
Please put that in your error message, too, or at least in the readme file. The error message asks for libeay32.dll and libssh2.dll only. This is very puzzling and annoying if the asked libraries are already there where they should be and the plugin is asking again and again for them.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately I cannot know what other dlls are required, it all depends on the way these dlls are created. :(
nirmelamoud

SFTP does not work

Post by *nirmelamoud »

I have all the dlls, I'm using pem file (in linux it is working well)
I see dialog saying session startup, with a progress bar and after 2 seconds it is gone and nothing happen, nor do I see error message

anyway to see log ? to understand whats not working ? (the ssh is to amazon ec2 machine)

thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, try enabling FTP logging in TC:
Configuration - Options - FTP - Log file. This will also log plugins.
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

it does not show any error, this is what I see for any conect try:

Connecting to: *********.compute-1.amazonaws.com
IP address: ***********:22
Server fingerprint:
Supported authentication methods: publickey

any idea ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it means that you cannot login with user name and password, only with client certificate. But you write that you are using a user name and PUB/PEM files. I would recommend that you enable password authentication on your EC2 machine (temporarily) to test whether this is indeed the problem. If yes, the PUB or PEM file may not be using the right format.

It does work here with my server ghisler.com, so it should also work with other servers using OpenSSH. My PUB file starts with
ssh-rsa
and the PEM file with
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Proc-Type: *****
DEK-Info: *****

followed by an empty line and the actual key data. I'm using an encrypted key, and the password field contains the password to decrypt the key (protected via master password).
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

I only use PEM and usename not using PUB file (the fingerprint that been shown when I created the connection matched the server side so I guessed its ok) is it ?

I can try enable password

my PEM does not have the PROC-Type or DEK-Info
it just the hexdump after the first line, thats the key amazon ec2 create
is it good ?
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

Export public key from PEM and use it as PUB file and it will work. TC needs both, otherwise it thinks that you want password auth.
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

Sob wrote:Export public key from PEM and use it as PUB file and it will work. TC needs both, otherwise it thinks that you want password auth.
I did openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -pubout > key.pub
to get the pub file, and put it in TC but it claim the format is not correct not openSSL - any idea ? (the original is an rsa private key)
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

You need ssh format:

Code: Select all

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1...vKHbCnV0=
I'm not sure how to get it using OpenSSL, but you can use PuTTYgen. Exact steps are described in plugin's readme.txt.
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

Sob wrote:You need ssh format:

Code: Select all

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1...vKHbCnV0=
I'm not sure how to get it using OpenSSL, but you can use PuTTYgen. Exact steps are described in plugin's readme.txt.

great !!! thanks it is working, finally I cant live without total commander now I can manage my ec2 accouts as well

few tips
1. "Choose "Export SSH key" from the "Conversions" menu
to save the *.pem file." is not exactly correct the menu that work is "Export open SSH key"
2. you have to put keypasphrase (it is good practice anyway) because it work work without it the plugin will let you save it without the passphrase but when it will try to connect it will ask for it, and empty is not a valid answer

thanks guys for all the help!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Btw, does anyone know how to extract the public key from the PEM file programmatically with OpenSSL DLL? Then .pub file would no longer be needed...
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

Good news:
http://www.libssh2.org/libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex.html wrote:publickey - Path name of the public key file. (e.g. /etc/ssh/hostkey.pub). If libssh2 is built against OpenSSL, this option can be set to NULL.