New: PowerBasic/WIN WCX Template

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bytalized

New: PowerBasic/WIN WCX Template

Post by *bytalized »

Hi there,

since I couldn't find anything about it I wrote a template to create packer plugins with PowerBasic (http://www.powerbasic.com)

you can find the template here, call it a wcxhead.bas :wink:

it's actually a very simple sample as well that extracts all functions and subs from the source and presents them as files, nothing fancy.

I'll post a full fledged plugin w/ source once I figure a good archive format that hasn't been done before, with the ability to pack/update, etc. for study purposes as well.

Same goes for Lister and Filesystem...

it's public domain, so if you find it of use, use it....
I would appreciate it if you let me know if you use it for a plugin (email in source).
Christian Ghisler is of course welcome to add it to the SDK as another means of creating plugins.

Cheers,
Jeroen.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Christian Ghisler is of course welcome to add it to the SDK as another means of creating plugins.
Great, thanks a lot! Please let me know when your first plugin is done - it's always good to have a working plugin, then you can be sure that the interface is correct. :)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bytalized

Post by *bytalized »

I actually have one, but it's a proprietary archive format that I developed for a company I work for, and it just unpacks at this moment.

since the PAK format is actually quite basic it might make a good plugin for tutorial value, not for the fact that there's none, since I've seen it around :)

and ehm, I've thought of another one that might make sense...

a packer plugin that creates a .hsh file (bear with me) when packing.

when opening the .hsh archive it holds a filehashes.txt file with:
CRC16
CRC32 - Zip
CRC32 - Adler
Haval
MD5
SHA1
SHA256
etc.
etc.

would be nice to use that to compare MD5's on ISO downloads, Symantec Update download, etc...

If that's already done let me know, though ;)