Adding default name for make directory input box.

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Do you need a default name for make directory input box?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 59

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

As for me, it would be better to add the following feature:
F7 creates a new folder (with an option if the dialog contains a default name or not).
Shift+F7 creates a new folder, the dialog containing the name of the folder (or maybe file) that is under cursor.

I have to create folders with similar names very often, so it would be very useful for me. Maybe, not only for me... :)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
DSE

Post by *DSE »

I hate it when I unintentionally create a 'New Folder' in Explorer and have to rename it then. So I must agree with Black Dog. No change in TC behavior.
I agree 100%.
Don't change anything !

If you want a temp dir with any name, simply apply your big hand on your keyboard and you will have 'hksmlkd' or 'dstfyuio' or 'revgjoik'... :P

I have to create folders with similar names very often, so it would be very useful for me. Maybe, not only for me...
Create many folders as you want with any name ('a','aa','aaa'...), then select all and use advanced rename tool !

:wink:
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

DSE
Create many folders as you want with any name ('a','aa','aaa'...), then select all and use advanced rename tool !
This is not good solution for me... There is no need to create many such folders at once. I don't want to create many folders "for future", I want to create the folder only when I need it, and I usually need only one folder at a time. Now I use cm_CopyNamesToClip (Ctrl+Alt+V), then F7, then Paste (Ctrl+V), but Shift+F7 would be more simple...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64