how can i transfer file from my pc to my android?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

giulia

Post by *giulia »

whytea wrote:This is how I do it:
1) Install Ftp server (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theolivetree.ftpserver&hl=en) on Android device
- Run Ftp server and you should see the IP address and the
login credentials
2) Run TC on your PC (both are on the same WiFi network) and
set up an ftp session with the details in 1). Once connected
you should see folders of your Android device in one panel.
Files can be transferred in both directions.
ok
i guess it's the best way
can you help me to setup total commander please?

1)
CTRL+F ->
Image: http://i.imgur.com/429v9TR.jpg
and
Image: http://i.imgur.com/gl9EqVn.jpg

is it right?

because i can see only some folders ..
whytea

Post by *whytea »

Settings looks right to me.

You should see all files, except the hidden ones, as you have seen directly on your Android device.

Another way of doing it is to use a WebDAV server instead (as Mr. Ghisler has suggested. Install the TC plugin). Install the WebDAV server app from Olive Tree. The rest is straightforward, you will find your sdcard0 directory listing in one of the panels once you connect it to the WebDAV server.

Which one is better? ftp or WebDAV? Well there are plenty of discussions on the Web which you can google.

Have fun!
giulia

Post by *giulia »

whytea wrote:Settings looks right to me.

You should see all files, except the hidden ones, as you have seen directly on your Android device.

Another way of doing it is to use a WebDAV server instead (as Mr. Ghisler has suggested. Install the TC plugin). Install the WebDAV server app from Olive Tree. The rest is straightforward, you will find your sdcard0 directory listing in one of the panels once you connect it to the WebDAV server.

Which one is better? ftp or WebDAV? Well there are plenty of discussions on the Web which you can google.

Have fun!
hi
i have not installed WebDAV server app from Olive Tree .
i have installed Ftp Server from The Olive Tree

to install WebDAV server app from Olive Tree , do i need a plugin for total commander desktop ?

can't browse the unit files(folders) or the mico sd files(folders)

thanks for the support
whytea

Post by *whytea »

Yes, you obviously need the WebDAV plugin for your desktop TC.
giulia

Post by *giulia »

whytea wrote:Yes, you obviously need the WebDAV plugin for your desktop TC.
hi
i will try as soon as i will be home
love Total Commander , best file manager ever made
whytea

Post by *whytea »

Just discovered that the TotalCmd WebDAV plugin had an issue with Unicode file names. When tried to copy such a file, I got "Invalid Unicode name!".

To perform a comparison, I turned to Winscp. The same file didn't cause any problem there. Also, the speed of getting the Android file listing was much faster than the TotalCmd plugin.

With the above finding in mind, it might be better to use ftp instead of WebDAV.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You probably need to check (or for some servers, uncheck) the following option in the connection settings:
Send accents in URLs as UTF-8 Unicode.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
whytea

Post by *whytea »

It worked by checking the option, thanks Mr. Ghisler.

Just out of curiosity, Winscp has an auto detect option for unicode file names, can TotalCmd have something similar?

As I mentioned above the speed with TotalCmd WebDAV is very slow compared to its own ftp or Winscp's WebDAV. Is there a reason why?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

???
The WebDAV plugin uses HTTP, it should be very fast (it is here). Can you descibe what exactly is slow in your case? Reading directories? Uploads? Downloads?
whytea

Post by *whytea »

Sorry for the late reply.

The slowness is usually at initial reading directory listing. Subsequent reading is OK probably due to caching? Both upload and download speeds appear to be slower than Winscp under the same conditions. Sorry, I haven't done any true measurement for the comparison.
Poto

Re: how can i transfer file from my pc to my android?

Post by *Poto »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2015-06-15, 14:01 UTC How about using my Wifi plugin?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.tcplugins.wifitransfer

You can select some folders in TC for android and tap on copy button, then choose "via Wifi".

Then you can either scan the QR code with a Web CAM, or enter the address manually in a Web browser.

The integration in TC for Windows is via WebDAV plugin:
https://plugins.ghisler.com/fsplugins/webdav.zip

You can scan the QR code if your PC has a web cam, or enter the URL manually.
This tool is very easy to use.

But I found that it seems to be one-way, and it is very convenient for the mobile phone to transfer files to the computer.
However, I do n’t know how to transfer files to the phone via computer
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have to check the option to allow uploads on the server side. Then you can upload files to shared FOLDERS. You cannot upload files to the root because it isn't set to any specific folder.
vdijken

Post by *vdijken »

I don't need anything of the extra software mentioned above. When I connect my switched on mobile with an USB cable the mobile is show in the drive bar as u1. On the mobile I see 2 top directories "phone" and "card". In the past I clicked once 5 times on the build number of the android to give access for developing apps. I can copy and move files; moving directly from the mobile is not possible to the cloud. And you can see 1 picture when you click on a file in the mobile. Irfanview does not recognize the directory structure on the mobile as Previous/Next file in the folder don't work.
ernjorge

Post by *ernjorge »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-05-22, 14:32 UTC You have to check the option to allow uploads on the server side. Then you can upload files to shared FOLDERS. You cannot upload files to the root because it isn't set to any specific folder.
Excellent, Christian! Your TC is an infinite tool. Really good.
N1ka

Post by *N1ka »

Hi all,

I want to access my (Android) phone's files from my Windows 10 TC (and vice-versa), but I am having trouble setting the phone/PC.

PC: Asus Laptop with Win10 64bit.
Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (Android 9 / MIUI 11.0.8 )

I suppose that I am missing some important steps, but I can't do it in any way.

Is somewhere a tutorial for proper configuring?

What I have done so far:
WebDav:

- PC:
192.168.2.100/sdcard/_Share (my phone's IP address / localstroridge / folder existing on local storidge). I didn't use the Port, as I don't know what to enter.
Response:
=================
Get dir: /sdcard
HTTP error: Cannot connect
HttpSendRequest failed: Cannot connect
Disconnected
CONNECT \No
=================

- Android:
192.168.2.103/S:/_Share (My _Share folder is located on S drive. Tried without ":", etc...)
Response:
Timed Out.

On both Win and Android I have set user name and password to be the same as on Windows log-in.

Q: What is the WebDav's QR-Code for? When I start it, the PC's camera turns on, but what should I generate the code with on my phone? I Expected a "Generate QR Code" option somewhere in TC on Android, but couldn't find it.

FTP Server:
- Windows
----------
Connect to: (10.07.2020 19:13:57)
hostname=192.168.2.100:2221
username=No
startdir=/storage/emulated/0
192.168.2.100=192.168.2.100

- Android:
settings same as for WebDav
Response:
Connection call failed!
failed to connect to /192.168.2.103 (port 2221) from 192.168.2.100 (port 44111) after 30000ms-

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Nika