Do you prefer to have a virtual searching result list?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Do you prefer a virtual searching result?

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 25

which

Do you prefer to have a virtual searching result list?

Post by *which »

So that you can edit the results (e.g. take off those useless results first).
oblomov

Post by *oblomov »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

I need too a more detailed explanations as I'm not familiar with the term "virtual searching results". I can then proceed by casting my vote! ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
which

Post by *which »

What I mean is that, like some catalog software, your searching result is just an image of true files. You can edit this list, without affect the true files. For example, when you search something, you may get a big amount of results, some of them are not relative. You would like to eliminate them. You can just choose and delete them. and then go on doing the rest ones.

Of course somebody may say, you can export to a list and edit this list and then import again. First it is not so convenient; second, when you export and import, the dot line between them disappeared and it is more difficult to edit. In addition, for a virtual searching result, you may do another search and append result to this one, it is quite easy, just like a txt documents. The main purpose, is to make the searching more powerful and freedom
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

This sounds more or less like a virtual file list, a long awaited feature in TC.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!