Can't reinstall TC on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Currently in public beta: Windows Phone version

Moderators: white, Hacker, Stefan2

lumiatic

Can't reinstall TC on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Post by *lumiatic »

Hello,
As the title say, I can't reinstall TC on my Lumia 635 with Windows 10 Mobile 1511 10.0.10586.36, it always fails with error 0x080004005.
The app used to work just fine on WP 8.1 and Win 10 Mobile Insider Preview until an update showed up in Store and failed to install throwing the same error as above, then I uninstalled the app hoping it would solve the problem, but I hadn't been able to reinstall it since, despite multiple reboots and soft resets, Wi-fi or LTE. The only thing that I didn't try is a factory reset but I'm reluctant to do it, because all the other apps install and update without a hitch.

LE: problem solved with a hard reset after an OS update, so that's that.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm using the same insider preview, and TC runs just fine. Are you trying to install a beta version, or the release version from the store?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
lumiatic

Post by *lumiatic »

The same release from the store, I didn't even knew a beta version exists.
Now I'm on 10586.71 and it seems that all that took to get rid of the frustration and the erratic behavior of my phone was a factory reset.
My 512MB RAM Lumia now works like a champ with a beta OS, I strongly believe they should put it in bold letters in the first screen just after you update: FACTORY RESET YOUR DAMN PHONE!
Anyway, all is good now, thank you for a great piece of software and getting it on Windows Phone!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strange, I went through many versions of the preview and never had to do a factory reset. But good to know it helps in some cases.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com