FTP Mini Status Log

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Genghis86

FTP Mini Status Log

Post by *Genghis86 »

The two line status log which appears to the right of "Disconnect" button during an FTP session has "MS Sans Serif" font, which is unchangeable since Total Commander 6.03a. Before this log used the font from Preferences.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: FTP Mini Status Log

Post by *Sheepdog »

Genghis86 wrote:The two line status log which appears to the right of "Disconnect" button during an FTP session has "MS Sans Serif" font, which is unchangeable since Total Commander 6.03a. Before this log used the font from Preferences.
Your Memory is kidding you, I fear. I've tested TC Version 5.11 ; 5.51; 6.00;6.01; 6.02; 6.03; 6.03a.
I've tested 'em on WinXP and Win98. They all do not use the preferences font for the mini status bar.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Genghis86

Post by *Genghis86 »

No, previous version used Tahoma, which is my default Windows GUI font. This one (6.03a) uses MS Sans Serif for some reason.
Clo

I never saw that !

Post by *Clo »

2Genghis86
:) Hello !
• To be clear : I NEVER saw the Windows default font in TC within the log field of FTP !
• I mean : under Win98 SE and earlier. I don't use XP-Pro a lot with FTP, but I don't remember to have seen another font than "MS Sans Serif".
* However, I'ld like to get another font at this place, because "MS Sans Serif" does not contain all extended characters.
* As a wish for the Author's list, I'ld support this feature (like we got "Arial" in the edit-comment dialog a while ago, for the same reason…)

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Genghis86 wrote:No, previous version used Tahoma, which is my default Windows GUI font. This one (6.03a) uses MS Sans Serif for some reason.
I've checked it again with changed Windows Fonts both in XP and W98 with former mentioned Versions. None of them used another font than MS Sans Serif.
Reinstall your older version and convince yourself.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The log window uses MS Sans Serif so 2 lines fit on screen (in small font mode of Windows). If I made it changeable, the fonts would never fit...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

Other font---

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)
:)  Good evening !
If I made it changeable, the fonts would never fit...
• Not changeable, but I guess that "Arial, Latin, Normal, 8" should be more suitable, since it contains all extended characters. Besides, it looks the same, and isn't wider…

:mrgreen:   Best regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-05-01, 02:30 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Aezay

My Vote

Post by *Aezay »

Clo wrote:I guess that "Arial, Latin, Normal, 8" should be more suitable, since it contains all extended characters. Besides, it looks the same, and itsn't wider…
My vote is on Tahoma, 8 :)

I never liked the MS Sans Serif or the Arial font, ok maybe the Arial font isnt so bad. Well I guess the best thing to do, is add an option, since most users tend to differ in taste.

I love options :wink:
Clo

A poll for this?

Post by *Clo »

2Aezay
:)  Hello !
My vote is on Tahoma, 8
• Every one has his(her) own tastes... No problem as long as the whole characters can be displayed... and the lines don't overflow their box !
* However, the size might stay as "8" or so, to avoid this:
[face=trebuchetms] 227 Entering Passive Mode (193,252,19,115,238,110)[/face]  :lol:
I love options :)
• I like too... except the extra-job to update the Help / Tutorials  :wink:
• Could you launch a poll about this ?
:mrgreen:   KR
Claude
Clo
Genghis86

Post by *Genghis86 »

Well, why did it switch to MS Sans Serif when upgrading to 6.03a? It was Tahoma before. I have Tahoma for every font in Windows and totalcmd.
Clo

Strange TC

Post by *Clo »

2Genghis86
Ch. Ghisler >>>The log window uses MS Sans Serif so 2 lines fit on screen (in small font mode of Windows). …
Hi !
• The Author means that it's chosen in the program, and CANNOT be changed in anyway! He knows what he made !
* This is the normal behaviour about that font in the legal original versions of TC.
* That you tell sounds like a hacked TC version, perhaps … :evil:
:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Genghis86

Post by *Genghis86 »

What are you suggesting?
Clo

Why do you persist ?

Post by *Clo »

2Genghis86
• I don't insinuate anything, I look for the reason which makes that you persist to tell an impossible thing !
* Please, have a look here :
Image: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/charries/relais/compare-fonts.png
Image: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/charries/relais/TC-5-0-FTP-log.png

* I made these screen-shots from an old TC 5.0 version.
* In the editor, you need a Sioux's view to see the difference…
* On the FTP-interface, only the left-side scrolling-box (Transfer Mode) displays the font used in the pannels of TC.
* The right-side log-box displays MS Sans Serif, like it's displayed always in the TC original program .
(final dot! :P )

:mrgreen: Regards,
Claude
Clo