Deleting invalid hotlist entry

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

togradh

Deleting invalid hotlist entry

Post by *togradh »

Hi,

I am not able to delete an entry of the hotlist if the referenced directory doesn't exist anymore. Is there a way to delete this entry manually?
Gerry Busch

Re: Deleting invalid hotlist entry

Post by *Gerry Busch »

I've noticed that, too. The only solution I know of, other than editing the hotlist entries in the registry, is to recreate the missing folder, go to it, then use the "remove current dir" command in the hotlist.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed this is a limitation of the Windows CE version - to keep it small, I haven't added a configuration dialog for the hotlist. What I could do is add a dialog box saying "directory no longer exists, remove from hotlist?". Would that help?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Re: Deleting invalid hotlist entry

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Indeed this is a limitation of the Windows CE version - to keep it small, I haven't added a configuration dialog for the hotlist. What I could do is add a dialog box saying "directory no longer exists, remove from hotlist?". Would that help?
Sounds like a good idea, although I don't find the limitation much of an inconvenience.

As for keeping the CE version small, you've certainly managed to do so without sacrificing much. It has plenty of useful functions. In fact, there are a number of things I couldn't do at all on my PDA without the assistance of Total Commander.