Copying between tabs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

chasbas

Copying between tabs

Post by *chasbas »

I often find myself wanting to copy/move files to a destination which is on one of my current tabs. Right now I have to somehow get that tab into the target panel (or re-navigate to it, or type the directory in manually).

What about an option in the copy/move dialogs that would allow the user to select from among the current tab directories? Maybe a dropdown list, or a button that opens a window with the list of directories. It could list separately the left and right panel tabs, and include the tab name as well as the directory name.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

- You can drag and drop a tab from left to right panel with your mouse.
- You can drag the selected files and drop them to the (inactive) tab on the same side if you want to.
- You can select all files and copy with [Ctrl]+[Del] or [Ctrl]+[C]
  • - change the tabs on the same side with [Ctrl]+[tab]
    - change the window with [tab]
    - and insert the files on the desired tab with [Ctrl]+[Ins] or [Ctrl]+[V]
maybe it helps you...

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

What about an option in the copy/move dialogs that would allow the user to select from among the current tab directories? Maybe a dropdown list, or a button that opens a window with the list of directories. It could list separately the left and right panel tabs, and include the tab name as well as the directory name.
Yep, already suggested, along with checkboxes to copy to more tabs at the same time.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.