a nice think

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ovidiu Manta

a nice think

Post by *Ovidiu Manta »

Hi,
I'm Ovidiu, i live in Romania. My only problem is that i'm totaly dependent of this file mannager :). I've never had enought money to buy this software and i'm sorry for that, but i promise to revenge this. BTW when we will have a un*x version?
Clo

With an address--

Post by *Clo »

2Ovidiu Manta
:) Hello !
• Welcome on board !
- Whether you'ld have an e-mail in your profile, maybe someones could help you ?  :wink:
BTW when we will have an un*x version?
:( It's the question that angers... Please, have a look in the Search engine, you'll get a lot of messages about this…

:mrgreen:   Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

> I've never had enough money to buy this software...

That has been an issue before. Maybe Christian should consider a payment method in installments for some countries. So that you can contribute your $32 in four monthly payments of $8, for example.

> BTW when we will have a un*x version?

To be honest I don't want TC to be available on Unix and Linux. The reason is that TC is the product of a single programmer and not from a whole team. This will make development of new features extremely slow since the development and testing workload for Christian would be colossal! Currently Christian is working with two PDA related versions plus a 16bit and a 32bit version for Win3.x and Win9x/ME/2K/XP. Add to that a development for deferent Unix and Linux systems and you can realise that a nervous breakdown for Christian won’t be far away. Not to mention that he also administers the forum, develops plug-ins and takes care of customer support.

Maybe Christian can provide the source code to third-party well-respected companies for the Unix/Linux developments. But this is risky and it will have an impact on TC's pricing as well (upwards that is).
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Ovidiu Manta

Post by *Ovidiu Manta »

ok. first, i don't want to make a social-condition-in-est-europeans-countries dicution, first this will be tivial, secound it's off-topic. A'll just mention that i earn only 60 euro/mounth.
i kow what an awful task is to port total commander over linux. This require many-many time and work. But, judging from x86 unicies evolution it will be unplesant to loose this market. And as an argument, different companies find solutions to sell their products in freesource world. Think twice.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

> first, i don't want to make a social-condition-in-est-europeans-countries dicution

My suggestion of payment in instalments is followed by virtually all countries. The problem is the type of product this scheme can be applicable to and not the country it is appealed to. Actually the problem here is pricing hence my suggestion. But I’ve never seen in my life payment in instalments for on-line goods and especially software which is not available otherwise (e.g. a boxed retail version). :(

> And as an argument, different companies find solutions to sell their products in freesource world.

Sorry I didn’t get that! MY argument was that in TC’s case there is no company at all but just a single software developer.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!