contextual menu is different on files from search result

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Michael REMY

contextual menu is different on files from search result

Post by *Michael REMY »

hi,

in a classic view, when i do a contextual menu on a FLAC file, i have my tool to convert in the item choice from the menu.

but, when i open the contextual menu from a files'list (fro msearch result), the contextual menu is different whereas the file format is unified (all flac files) and i did not have my convert tool in the menu.

it is strange because when i select one by one my files (from the search result again), then i have my right menu (with my convert tool) but when i select all the files (using the selectall option) then the menu is different (no convert tool in my menu) whereas all the files are really all FLAC type. it is like the SelectAll produces a bug in the resultat searchlist.

is it normal ?
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The context menu is created by the system, not Total Commander. You should see the exact same behaviour also in Explorer.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Michael REMY

Post by *Michael REMY »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The context menu is created by the system, not Total Commander. You should see the exact same behaviour also in Explorer.
but why the context menu is normal when you select 1 file, but not normal when you select many file of the same kind (from the searchresult list of TC)
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Because of the way how the context menu is requested: When there is just one file, TC gets the folder where this file is in, and passes the relative item to the function to get the menu.

With multiple files, it has to get the base folder "My Computer" and pass the full path lists to the function, because the files can be from different directories.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com