Drive dropdown pop up wrong

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thany

Drive dropdown pop up wrong

Post by *Thany »

The drive dropdowns pop up in the upper-left corner of the *screen*, even when TC is not maximized. Whats worse, they pop up underneath any and all windows that are already there (call it bottommost as opposed to topmost, I suppose), including the TC window itself.

First thing I did, of course, was restart TC. But that didn't fix it, so it doesn't appear to be a temporary glitch. However, I did start happening out of the blue. One moment the dropdowns pop up correctly, and the next moment they behave as I described - within the same TC session.

This behaviour is happening whether I click the dropdowns or use Alt+F1/F2. Happens for both dropdowns and they both appear in the same spot in the upper-left corner of the screen.

Even when TC is on my secondary screen (to the right of my primary), they still pop up in the upper-left corner of my primary screen.

One good thing is that it still works correctly otherwise. So I can still do a quick Alt+F2 -> D, to select the D drive, regardless of where the dropdown is located.

Using TC 9.0a x64 on an updated Windows 10.

/EDIT

Update: it appears all dropdowns suffer from this problem. I just noticed the dropdowns in the multi-rename tool have this problem as well. And dropdowns in the preferences window as well. How strange!
Thany

Post by *Thany »

Aaaand, magically solved by a reboot.

Strange.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Thany wrote:Strange.
No, Windows 10 aka "Bugs are the new normal OS" ;).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Dalai wrote:
Thany wrote:Strange.
No, Windows 10 aka "Bugs are the new normal OS" ;).

Regards
Dalai
Never had any problems since the Windows 10 previews long time ago.
and also not on Creators Update.
And my PC was started with Windows 7 and upgraded to 8.0, 8.1 and 10.
Never had the need for any renew or reinstallation.
:D
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64