does TC 9.x allow to minimize the sync windows and browse ?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Michael REMY

does TC 9.x allow to minimize the sync windows and browse ?

Post by *Michael REMY »

hi,

i'm using TC 8.x.

i'm wondering if the tc 9.x release allows the minimizing of the windows during the sync operation (and so allow to use TC, browse !) or not ?

it is very boring to wait the end of the sync operation to get the hand on TC...

Have a good day

Mike
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Here's what I do in such situations: launch a second instance of TC using its start menu, start the sync operation there, and keep working in the first instance. I use this command to do this:

Code: Select all

Command: %COMMANDER_EXE%
Parameters: %Z%X "%P" "%T"
This starts another TC instance with the same directories on the left and right panels. I also assigned a hotkey to this menu entry.

But to answer your question: No, it's not possible. Directory sync is still a modal dialog like most of the other dialogs.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Michael REMY

Post by *Michael REMY »

so sad...

i'm still wondering why this block whereas there are queue copy/replace in queuemode or minimize mode already.
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Umm...

Code: Select all

/S=S %X %Z "%P" "%T"
:?:

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Hacker
Yes, that would work, too, but is limited to the directory sync. Starting a new TC instance with the current directories is something that I need quite often.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dalai,
Isn't this thread about the Sync window being modal?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Hacker
Yes. That's why I said what I do in such situations. I didn't (and still don't) want to criticize your approach in any way. Both of them are similar and both have their pros and cons. Different people use different ways to achieve what they want :).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dalai,
I am just saying this is the solution to the OP's problem, yours is a more general solution.

Roman
Michael REMY

Post by *Michael REMY »

in this such context, i prefer use explorer, not a second tc instance.

i would'like tC freeze the drive concerned and allow the broswing of others to get ride of that modal window.

Even in the filelist queue operation (and even in minimize copy) , we can still browsing...[/u]