Extract archives in archives in one Go!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tigerix

Extract archives in archives in one Go!

Post by *tigerix »

Hi,

JDownloader has a great feature which is called deep extraction.
Basically it provides the recursive extraction of rar-archives.

Since I have archives which contain other archives (even multivolume) it would be very nice if there would be an option in TC to allow recursive extraction.

Idea 1: How about an enhanced (Strg-B) function. which lists even the files inside archives?

Idea 2: Browsing: Allow the extraction of multivolume archives inside archives by extracting necessary parts to the temp directory as well.

Idea 3: Extract dialog (Alt-F6): Add a tickbox (and a function) for extracting recursive and an option to choose which types of recursive archives should be extracted.

Feedback very welcome!
Tigerix.
Gauner

Post by *Gauner »

I totally agree with that. A function I'm missing too.
ese787

Re: Extract archives in archives in one Go!

Post by *ese787 »

tigerix wrote:Hi,

JDownloader has a great feature which is called deep extraction.
Basically it provides the recursive extraction of rar-archives.

Since I have archives which contain other archives (even multivolume) it would be very nice if there would be an option in TC to allow recursive extraction.

Idea 1: How about an enhanced (Strg-B) function. which lists even the files inside archives?

Idea 2: Browsing: Allow the extraction of multivolume archives inside archives by extracting necessary parts to the temp directory as well.

Idea 3: Extract dialog (Alt-F6): Add a tickbox (and a function) for extracting recursive and an option to choose which types of recursive archives should be extracted.

Feedback very welcome!
Tigerix.
Hello,

I didn't know .rar files can be extracted this way. Had I known this fact this past weekend, I would have saved so much time.