Hotkey to open buttonbar icon on right or left

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

but if cd. executed again, it is ALWAYS show [..]
Not here. But it depends on how I go to the root.

If I switch to a new drive which are currently at the root and do cd. - then the [..] is added to the file panel - so far we agree

But if the drive I switch to is not at the root, then the appearance [..] in the root after doing cd. depends of how I get to the root:

1. If I click [..] in the file panel or press Backspace or Ctrl+PgUp or Alt+LeftArrow until I get to the root, or I press Ctrl+\ then I do NOT get [..] in the root file panel.

2. If I use the "\ "or the ".."button above the file panel or I use one of these commands from a menu using the mouse: cm_GotoPreviousDir, cm_GotoPreviousLocalDir, cm_GoToParent, cm_GoToRoot - then I DO get [..] in the root panel when performing cd.

But if I use the commands cm_GotoPreviousDir, cm_GotoPreviousLocalDir, cm_GoToParent, cm_GoToRoot in a menu, using the keyboard in the menu - then I do NOT get the [..] in the root - same thing if I use those commands from the command line (where I have to press Enter to execute the commands.

So it look like IF getting to the root involves a mouse-click I get [..] in the root folder, but if I get to the root using the keyboard i do not get [..].

And it has to be a single mouse-click, not a double-click - which you can see if SingleClickStart=1 - then a click on [..] in the subdir to get to the root makes [..] appear in the root when doing cd. - but if SingleClickStart=0 then the double-click on [..] in the subdir to get to the root does not result in [..] in the root after doing cd.

EDIT:
I just tried with a clean ini file, and could not recreate the mouse-click vs. keyboard phenomenon described above. It turns out that it is an Automatic View Mode Shift of mine, that suppressed the bug when using the keyboard. The View Mode/AutoShift looks like this:

Code: Select all

[ViewModes]
0_name=<default>
0_icon=
0_options=-1|-1|0||-1|-1|-1
1_name=Mappe
1_commands=*cm_SrcAllFiles
1_options=-1|-1|0||-1|-1|-1

[ViewModeSwitch]
Enabled=1
0_rules=L
0_mode=1
That is: performing cm_SrcAllFiles every time I switch to a new directory on a drive with drive-letter.

I Also noticed that even with this Auto View Mode Shift enabled, that if I do cd. twice I will always get [..] in the root even if I didn't get it after just one cd.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

The steps i have followed:

1- Go to root of any drive
2- Execute cd. ---> [..] appear
3- Navigate to sub-folder(s)
4- Back to the root using mouse or keyword ---> [..] disappear
5- (now i'm in root again) Go to step #2