Feature request - remove delay before entering path edit mod

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

mikus,
double click opens the file - without delay
No, double click selects and opens the file.
Perhaps you are saying that you don't mind that TC starts editing the current path when double clicking the current path?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Then I don't know which delay you're talking about. I don't see any delays except the one I mentioned. Perhaps you can make some screenshots or a short video to show what you mean, since this topic is likely to depend on focused GUI element, mouse movement and so on.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dalai,
I assume mikus wants the path to be editable immediately after a single click without the current 1-second delay.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
mikus

Post by *mikus »

yes exactly
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Well, then it's exactly this delay to distinguish two single clicks from a double click. How is a double click supposed to work when the path bar is already in edit mode after the first click? Sorry, I don't get it.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
mikus

Post by *mikus »

Hi Dalai

"it's exactly this delay to distinguish two single clicks from a double click"

No it is not, (as shown above), this is the source of your confusion.

Go to TC to the active pane and click on one of the breadcrumbs directories - single click switches to that directory - no delay. double click opens the bookmark menu - no delay.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

mikus wrote:Go to TC to the active pane and click on one of the breadcrumbs directories - single click switches to that directory - no delay. double click opens the bookmark menu - no delay.
Correct. But where's the delay you want to have removed?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dalai,
Click behind the path -> delay -> editing path.

Roman
mikus

Post by *mikus »

I can't explain it anymore, it was all explained more than once above.

I hope ghisler understood my request and hope it will be incorporated

Thx.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

mikus wrote:I can't explain it anymore, it was all explained more than once above.

I hope ghisler understood my request and hope it will be incorporated

Thx.
I still don't belive that you loose so much time a day because of this delay :)
But may be you are doing a rename a few tausend times a day.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Let's assume that edit mode is entered immediately (0 millisecond delay) when clicking on the path bar. How would it be possible to do two fast single clicks (=one double click, to get directory hotlist) instead of the one single click (enter edit mode)? Unless someone can explain that mystery to me, I'm out, because I don't see how this should work without changing any of the existing behavior/features (two fast single clicks = one double click = directory hotlist, a single click = path edit mode).

I hope Ghisler understands which delay this is about and how this is not the delay that distinguishes two slow single clicks from two fast single clicks (=one double click).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

mikus

Post by *mikus »

> Horst.Epp - "But may be you are doing a rename a few tausend times a day."

what does renaming got to do with it ? I'm changing directory by typing in the directory path not renaming anything.

> Dalai - "How would it be possible to do two fast single clicks .. instead of the one single click " ?

In exactly the same way that it possible to do two fast single clicks on a breadcrumb dir (opens favorites) instead of the one single click (switches to the directory clicked).