This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[9.0a]Password protected 7z archives crush

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC9.0x bug reports (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ilya01
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: [9.0a]Password protected 7z archives crush Reply with quote

1. Create password-protected 7z archive with encrypted names
2. Open archive in TC with correct password(DO NOT STORE SESSION PASSWORD!)
3. Press F3 on file in archive
4. Enter incorrect password
5. Crush Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2664
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such crash with Total7zip plugin.
Also it is not required to enter the password again
to read a file after opening the archive with the correct password.
This is true even when Save password is not selected
in the dialog to open the archive.
Archive to test was created with 7zip File manager.
_________________
Windows 10 x64 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)
Fall Creators Update
TC 9.12 x64 and x86
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ilya01
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horst.Epp wrote:
No such crash with Total7zip plugin.
Also it is not required to enter the password again
to read a file after opening the archive with the correct password.
This is true even when Save password is not selected
in the dialog to open the archive.
Archive to test was created with 7zip File manager.


Hello!
This is bugreport for TC v.9.0a without custom plugins installed.
TC 9.0a x64 win7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2664
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilya01 wrote:
Horst.Epp wrote:
No such crash with Total7zip plugin.
Also it is not required to enter the password again
to read a file after opening the archive with the correct password.
This is true even when Save password is not selected
in the dialog to open the archive.
Archive to test was created with 7zip File manager.


Hello!
This is bugreport for TC v.9.0a without custom plugins installed.
TC 9.0a x64 win7

Ok, without plugins Crash confirmed.
One more reason to use the Total7zip plugin.
_________________
Windows 10 x64 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)
Fall Creators Update
TC 9.12 x64 and x86
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Feb 2003
Posts: 34649
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not confirmed, I just get "Error in packed file xyz.7z". I renamed the entire section [packerplugins] and restarted TC before trying this...
_________________
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ilya01
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Not confirmed, I just get "Error in packed file xyz.7z". I renamed the entire section [packerplugins] and restarted TC before trying this...

Before trying this you need to use default clear TC installation without custom plugins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2664
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilya01 wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:
Not confirmed, I just get "Error in packed file xyz.7z". I renamed the entire section [packerplugins] and restarted TC before trying this...

Before trying this you need to use default clear TC installation without custom plugins.

You don't believe that Christian knows how to start his program without packer plugins Smile
_________________
Windows 10 x64 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)
Fall Creators Update
TC 9.12 x64 and x86
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Feb 2003
Posts: 34649
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you send me a small sample 7zip file (max 500k) via e-mail, or post a link here? It's possible that it only happens with specific files.
_________________
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ilya01
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Could you send me a small sample 7zip file (max 500k) via e-mail, or post a link here? It's possible that it only happens with specific files.

Done. Small example on your email now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Feb 2003
Posts: 34649
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the file - it looks like I already fixed this bug when fixing someting else in 7zip...
_________________
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Feb 2003
Posts: 34649
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be fixed in TC 9.10 beta, please test it!
_________________
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC9.0x bug reports (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Impressum: This site is maintained by Ghisler Software GmbH

Using phpBB © 2001-2005 phpBB Group