`cm_OpenDirInNewTab` opens an unfocused tab

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dadooda

`cm_OpenDirInNewTab` opens an unfocused tab

Post by *dadooda »

Hey Totalcmd team,

This isn't strictly a bug, but a major inconvenience compared to version 8.xx which I consider a usability regression.

Ctrl+Up (`cm_OpenDirInNewTab`) adds a new tab, which doesn't get the focus. Prior to version 9.x the new tab did get focused on, which was convenient and logically straight.

Let me explain.

The sole reason of pressing Ctrl+Up is to have this directory open in a sub-context ("tab") to do something in it right now. Just adding a new passive tab makes it sort of pointless since to use the newly opened tab the user would have to aim+click (NO WAY!) or make a random number of extra keystrokes.

Proposal:

* Return `cm_OpenDirInNewTab` behaviour to pre-9.xx: the newly opened tab gets the focus right away.
* Possibly implement another command which would add an unfocused tab (`cm_OpenDirInNewTabUnfocused`). If anyone needs this feature at all, one may bind it to Ctrl+Up or another keystroke of her preference.

Please consider. Thank you.

Alex
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Configuration -> Options... -> Folder Tabs: [x] Ctrl+Up opens new tab in foreground

P.S.: There is no change in behavior. This was also present in 8.5

Regards
Holger
Make our planet great again
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
dadooda

Post by *dadooda »

Thanks a bunch... I've had hard time looking for this option, fairly tried a few times before submitting the report.