Can I extend the dropown drive list?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

avada

Can I extend the dropown drive list?

Post by *avada »

Hi!

I would like to have network locations there that don't have a drive letter associated, is it doable?

(I know I can create network drives, but I suspect that having them causes multi-second hangs in any/all apps when I access the directory tree)

PS:
On a side not: Not sure if it's known but TC neve worked well with mtp locations. It always failed to copy/move stuff.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I would like to have network locations there that don't have a drive letter associated, is it doable?
That could be a problem because you can create 100s or 1000s of connections this way.
On a side not: Not sure if it's known but TC neve worked well with mtp locations. It always failed to copy/move stuff.
Please give me more information.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
avada

Post by *avada »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Please give me more information.
Well, it just never worked with my phone. TC showed the files folders on it alright, but I never could copy successfully.
jrbrown00

network drives

Post by *jrbrown00 »

I would also like this capability, to see \\host123\myfolder without mapping it. Is there way to do this? Is it coming? Please?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

avada wrote:Well, it just never worked with my phone. TC showed the files folders on it alright, but I never could copy successfully.
Works fine for me. Is your Explorer able to copy files from your phone?
jrbrown00 wrote:I would also like this capability, to see \\host123\myfolder without mapping it. Is there way to do this? Is it coming? Please?
Currently you can't add items to drive list but you can add them to directory hotlist (asterisk buttons above file panels, or just Ctrl+D shortcut).
avada

Post by *avada »

MVV wrote:
avada wrote:Well, it just never worked with my phone. TC showed the files folders on it alright, but I never could copy successfully.
Works fine for me. Is your Explorer able to copy files from your phone?
Yes. I had to explorer for copying and creating folders. It wasn't fast but at least it worked (My phone is a Doogee X5 Pro)

Anyway I abandoned the network locations feature also, because that too causing hangs.
avada

Re: network drives

Post by *avada »

jrbrown00 wrote:I would also like this capability, to see \\host123\myfolder without mapping it. Is there way to do this? Is it coming? Please?
You can also make a toolbar button if you prefer.
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

TWinKey allows to add any user commands to the drive list
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander