Default behavior of titlebar left clicks

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

What should be the default left click on titlebar behavior?

Don't change the current behavior. The "dir up"-feature is useless too me.
17%
Don't change the current behavior. Add a keyboard modifier like CTRL to activate the new "dir up" feature.
28%
Left click will activate the new "dir up"-feature. A delayed left click will be used to edit the path.
34%
I count the dirs I want to go up and simply type cd . (number of points = number of dirs to go up * 2)); for example cd .......... for 5 dirs up.
No votes
Change the behavior to the same as in Servant Salamander. Double click to open the directory list is not required. The new button is just fine.
17%
I have another idea. See me post below.
3%

Total votes: 29

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Sheepdog wrote:
fabiochelly wrote:Isn't it possible to go up to the dir which receive the click in the path?

For instance, if my path is: c:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\*.*
And I click on 'Admin', TC will go to 'Admin' directory.
That is why this poll has been started what you can see if you follow the link in the very first posting of Lefteous.
Exactly!

2 fabiochelly & All

Please, check the screenshot posted by JohnFredC on page 1 as an example (link of first post of this poll). I should probably produce some more screenshots as well since it might be confusing on what this feature is all about.

I’ll post them soon.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Ok, here they are:

(Note: If you get a message “Image hosted my Angelfire”, just copy the links’ location and paste them in your browser.)

Servant Salamander’s direct path selection mode: > Screenshot <

Servant Salamander’s long path behaviour: > Screenshot <

Frigate’s direct path selection mode: > Screenshot <

Frigate’s long path behaviour: > Screenshot <

A TotalCmd’s fake snap suggesting an approach on handling long paths: > Fake Illustration <
Last edited by pdavit on 2004-06-17, 00:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Clo

Joker-host

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:) Hi Panos !
(Note: If you get a message “Image hosted by Angelfire”, just copy the links’ location and paste them in your browser.)
---> This method proposes to download the pic-file ! Doesn't display it :(
* You might set these links on a temp. web page, and give the link in that page; sure it should work.

:mrgreen:  K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

It works fine here (Opera). Does your browser support png images?

Oh, by the way, it’s not something I’m doing wrong (hopefully) in making the files available online but rather a recent configuration change by the host server. Things used to more “freely” some time ago. Probably it’s a tweak of avoiding direct linkage to reduce traffic or something. I don’t know!

The link is automatically switched to: http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/doc/images/rloadblock.png

That “loadblock” bit is the clue. Does anyone else use AngelFire as a host that can help me?

My fault is that I’m too lazy to contact the administrators for some info.
Clo

Panos' joke now---

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
It works fine here (Opera). Does your browser support png images?
:) Hi Panos
• I suppose it's a joke ? :shock:
* I use MyIE2 >> IE6 and have put here a lot of *.PNG pics to watch for users... :wink: It's my favourite format!
- The simplest workaround should be that I told you above.
* I could build a template HTML page for you if you wish ? Isn't very long to do, then I could send it to you via email or so ?
* It's worth to be attempted, in my opinion…

Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Clo
I suppose it's a joke ?
* I use MyIE2 >> IE6 and have put here a lot of *.PNG pics to watch for users... It's my favourite format!
Well have you ever tried to display a 24-bit png which uses different values on the alpha channel in Internet Explorer? The inability of the Microsoft browser, which is still the market leader, has slowed down web development on this planet. Ask a professionel web designer if like to use 24-bit pngs...
Clo

Not the format

Post by *Clo »

2Lefteous
:) Hi !

• I never had any problem with PNG, 24 BPP or less...
- The issue here isn't the format, but the host of Panos.

:mrgreen:  VG
Claude
Clo
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Panos' joke now---

Post by *pdavit »

Clo wrote:I could build a template HTML page for you if you wish ?
Thanks but there is already one basic template available. If you copy the link address and exclude the final bit which is the file you’ll get the template. So, it looks like this: http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/pdavit (with or without an index.html since reading of the latter file is done automatically).

Now, I’m not planning to include the images in this format since viewing them on both Opera (v7.51) and IE (v6.0 xpsp2) is successful here. In addition, I don’t really want to mess my page since I have lots of snapshots spread around this forum. Sorry! Since it looks to me a compatibility problem with MyIE2, I would be more than pleased to email them to you. Is that ok?
Clo

Done---

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:wink: Did you check you mail ?

Claude
Clo
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Done---

Post by *pdavit »

Clo wrote:Did you check you mail ?
Just did! Thanks for the template (and the samples ;) ) but for reasons I’ve described on my previous post I won’t use it. As a substitute I’m sending the snapshots to you for your “private pleasure only”! ;)
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

pdavit wrote:Ok, here they are:

(Note: If you get a message “Image hosted my Angelfire”, just copy the links’ location and paste them in your browser.)
Hi pdavit, I've sent you a mail with working links of the images you can instert in your posting (I'm hosting your screenshots)

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

I got---

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:P Thank you, I got them !

¤ Weird : I can see all other pics from other users here…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-09-24, 03:13 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

Sheepdog wrote:I'm hosting your screenshots
Thanks a lot, I edited my post. Should be ok now. Please, test. I cannot verify the correctiveness of the situation since it was already working before for me!

The fact though that you could retrieve the images only proves that at least for some users it worked! But we have to cover all members if the poll needs to be accurate and with a high number of responses.

I think I should be contacting AngelFire to gather up some details coz this is a relatively new behaviour. I cannot always rely upon others! Thanks again though; I appreciate the help (and to you Clo).
Clo

except one---

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:) Hi Stefan !
• Nice, that works for me; except « Frigate’s direct path selection mode: » where the link seems good, but the image fg1.png itself is missing.

:mrgreen:  V G
Claude
Clo
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Re: except one---

Post by *pdavit »

Clo wrote:...Frigate’s direct path selection mode: » where the link seems good, but the image fg1.png itself is missing.
It does work here again! I think Clo you should probably start consider a new browser, or some patches! ;)