Imagine (Lister plugin for viewing img files) v. 1.5.2 (Mar 27 2024)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TW

Post by *TW »

iana wrote:
TW wrote:i'm still using v0.0.0.3 of the bpg plugins, good enough for my needs.
that's 32bit only
https://encode.ru/threads/2095-BPG-yet-another-format-to-replace-JPEG?p=50596&viewfull=1#post50596

if that helps... honestly, i've never seen a BPG image "in the wild" so far.
actually, the quality is only better than JPG on highly compressed images, and it's waaaay too slow.
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
TW

Post by *TW »

the 64bit BPG is the same as in my link.

i'm not sure though how it performs compared to the 32bit version, the only challenge was whether it can be compiled as 64bit, i had to modify (small) parts of the code.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

TW wrote:the 64bit BPG is the same as in my link.

i'm not sure though how it performs compared to the 32bit version, the only challenge was whether it can be compiled as 64bit, i had to modify (small) parts of the code.
you can get already compiled plugin version 0.0.5 at https://github.com/leavinel/BPG-Plugins/releases you need to get both DLL and imagine and follow install guide. Dll in imagine folder and imagine plugin in plugin folder.
TW

Post by *TW »

we know this. but you will run into the problem described by iana on the previoussitte when using v0.0.5
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

TW wrote:we know this. but you will run into the problem described by iana on the previous stte when using v0.0.5
No problem to mix 32/64bit imagine plugin on same folder !
You have to put 32bit dll into imagine addons folder, and 64bit dlls into %COMMANDER_PATH%\64 folder. It is the same trick i use for media-info, oracle outside in (for ulister), openssl ...
iana

Post by *iana »

nsp wrote:
TW wrote:we know this. but you will run into the problem described by iana on the previous stte when using v0.0.5
You have to put 32bit dll into imagine addons folder, and 64bit dlls into %COMMANDER_PATH%\64 folder. It is the same trick i use for media-info, oracle outside in (for ulister), openssl ...
I never knew that tanks for the info
I know bpg is an experimental format but I remember reading somewhere that apple introduced a "new" h265 i-frame based format that is almost identical to bpg and I wanted to see it in action I used tha xnview plugin for conversion to bpg it's not as bad (encoding speed vise) as google's guetzli jpeg encoder (also shipped with latest xnview-mp)
TW

Post by *TW »

nsp wrote:
ah thanks, i never tried it, as said, i don't even use that format. most likely it won't replace jpeg.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

iana wrote:I know bpg is an experimental format but I remember reading somewhere that apple introduced a "new" h265 i-frame based format that is almost identical to bpg and I wanted to see it in action I used tha xnview plugin for conversion to bpg it's not as bad (encoding speed vise) as google's guetzli jpeg encoder (also shipped with latest xnview-mp)
Apple is using format heif ( .heic file) for ios 11. Even if BPG is very similar, file header is not the same... Nokia is providing an open source implementation https://github.com/nokiatech/heif but not many (non apple) software support the format due to patent...
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

nsp wrote:You have to put 32bit dll into imagine addons folder, and 64bit dlls into %COMMANDER_PATH%\64 folder. It is the same trick i use for media-info, oracle outside in (for ulister), openssl ...
A bit offtopic, but I wonder how this is supposed to work.
Most plug-ins use sth like. GetModuleFileName() and use an absolute DLL path.
That's the reason why I recompiled ulister to make both 32- and 64-bit work from the same base dir.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
iana

Post by *iana »

nsp wrote:
I know it took me forever to do this ..
but this does not work putting the 64bit avutil-55.dll & swscale-4.dll in c:\totalcmd\64 does nothing imagine does not recognize the formats and lister only shows them as text files
maybe the problem is that a dll (imagine.wlx) loads a dll (bpg.plg64) which needs the dlls in the same folder and can't load them from the current %path% environment
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

iana wrote:
nsp wrote:
but this does not work putting the 64bit avutil-55.dll & swscale-4.dll in c:\totalcmd\64 does nothing imagine does not recognize the formats and lister only shows them as text files
maybe the problem is that a dll (imagine.wlx) loads a dll (bpg.plg64) which needs the dlls in the same folder and can't load them from the current %path% environment
Have you updated the detection string as multimedia do not recognize BPG ?

Code: Select all

MULTIMEDIA| ext="BPG"
To check if it is a detection problem just try to launch Imagine64.exe from TC and load you BPG file.
iana

Post by *iana »

nsp wrote:
iana wrote:
nsp wrote:No problem to mix 32/64bit imagine plugin on same folder !
Have you updated the detection string as multimedia do not recognize BPG ?

MULTIMEDIA| ext="BPG"
To check if it is a detection problem just try to launch Imagine64.exe from TC and load you BPG file.
no as I saw no need if I keep the x64 dll's in imagine's plugins folder lister (imagine) loads bpg fine if I put the dll's in C:\totalcmd\64 imagine ignores bpg files my only guess is that bpg.plg64 needs the ffmpeg dll's in the same folder not in the %path%
edit #1
I'll run an experiment by putting those dll's in a older in my %path%
edit #2
putting those 2 dll's in a directory that's in your %path% works fine maybe I misunderstood this
afaik %COMMANDER_PATH% is c:\totalcmd on my system but putting them in c:\bin64 (I've added that dir to my path and I put 64bit command line apps there) works I might put the 32bit dll's in c:\bin (I put 32bit command line apps there) and not in the plugin folder I might actuelly link xnview's dlls instead of the ones provided by bpg plugin developer

edit #3 this is the output of echo path ran from a console started from TC x64

C:\>echo %path%
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:Windows;C:\Windows\Sy
stem32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files(x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\bin64;C:\bin;C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.22\bin
there's no C:\totalcmd\64 above? does TC use this dir internally only if it doesn't add it to the system path would imagine.wlx64 know about it?[/code]
eXMarty

Plugin Imagine - Confirm file deletion

Post by *eXMarty »

I have set (checked) to confirm deletion of files
(in plugin)

"Option > References > Miscellaneous > Confirm to delete files"
and

ConfirmToDeletion = 1
is saved in the "Imafine.ini" setup file.

Still, the file is deleted when click delete button without displaying a query dialog.

Does anyone have the same experience? Does anyone know the solution to the problem? Or, it's better to use something else instead of Imagine plugin?

Thanks!

Windows 10, TC 9.12
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Merged thread Plugin Imagine - Confirm file deletion.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.