.m3u files on the Total Commander App

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JimmyTheBroker

.m3u files on the Total Commander App

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

I just realised that the TC App on android can play music and open .m3u playlists

I am having trouble finding a music app that can add and remove "entries"(individual songs) in a .m3u playlist

my sony xperia z2 seems to save playlists as a filetype without an extension, and although will open .m3u playlists will not edit them (adding or removing song to them), Anyone know of a music player that will edit .m3u

or is there a way for the TC App to do so?

Thanks!
Jimmy 8)

My god TC is amazing.
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the Android forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
JimmyTheBroker

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Turns out you can edit the .m3u like a text file on the TC Android App, and it then also works on my android (if i reset it) and the file can be transfered and read on my computer.

That solves the problem of deleting songs of a playlist (as long i know the song's filename!)

Adding to the .m3u file I currently have to type in (on an android phone) the whole filepath.. not cool.

It would be super awesome if there was a way to filter by metadata tags (song name, artist, album, etc).

and an easier way to add or delete them would be wicked to.
(Typing or deleting text while on a treadmill or driving is not ideal.)
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Actually you can edit m3u files in Total Commander - just load the playlist, change the song order, add/remove songs, and then save the playlist. I recommend saving as m3u8 (UTF-8 encoded).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com