Is there a total commander for IOS?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JimmyTheBroker

Is there a total commander for IOS?

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Hi guys,

I am trying to get total commander for my dad's iPhone, is it possible? I have a feeling it might not exist.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Jimmy 8)
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, sorry, there is no iPhone version of Total Commander. Reason: There is no common file system on Apple devices. Apps only see their own data. Therefore Total Commander would be quite useless.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
whytea

Re: Is there a total commander for IOS?

Post by *whytea »

This thread is a little bit old. But I think a file manager like "The Photo Investigator" could come in handy. At least to view photo meta data and if possible, add a photo from one panel to the album in the other panel.
MihaiPreda

Post by *MihaiPreda »

Hello, it seems like things are changing with IPadOS. You can now make folders and copy files of multiple formats.
Is there a chance to see a IPad OS version of Total Commander? One of the main issues with IPad as a productivity tool are the file management options available. I’m using TC on Windows and Android, it would be great to have it on IPad OS too.
Looking forward to your answer!
Mihai
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To my kowledge, only Apple's own file manager has access to the iPad file system.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MihaiPreda

Post by *MihaiPreda »

Ah, so still no chance of having TC on IPad...
I hope they will open up to third-party file managers and that you'll find worthwhile to write one.
Thanks for answering!
YszT

Re: Is there a Total Commander for iOS and iPhone ?

Post by *YszT »

Given the nowadays in iOS (currently v16.1) existing structure of Folders and Albums regarding photos & co, I too have like many been searching for a_look-alike of TotalCommander's Android version but now on iPhone, to no avail, I found none, whereas I'm convinced this could greatly facilitate on-device picture management while merely dealing with common iOS Folders and Albums.
Currently, and that's as far as my knowledge goes, Slidebox (by Slidebox LLC) and HashPhotos (by BeyondF) deal pretty well with those Folder and Album structures on iOS, but a dual-pane TotalCommander-alike would definitely take this stuff a significant step further.