Select files between selections

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Killer_Bean

Select files between selections

Post by *Killer_Bean »

Hello,
I am a longtime TC user, however, I still can't find a keyboard shortcut to select files between selected file and actual cursor position. It works great with a mouse click while shift key is pressed but I would like to do that with the keyboard. I tried googling a lot without success. I hope you can understand what I want to do.
Thanks for all your help.

Edit: horrible grammar
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

While holding the Shift key the cursor keys, Page-Up/-Down and Home/End keys can be used to toggle the selection of objects. Also pressing the Insert key selects the object under the cursor and moves the cursor down to the next object (if any), meaning you can hold the Insert key to make a larger selection of objects.

HTH

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Killer_Bean

Post by *Killer_Bean »

Dalai wrote:While holding the Shift key the cursor keys, Page-Up/-Down and Home/End keys can be used to toggle the selection of objects. Also pressing the Insert key selects the object under the cursor and moves the cursor down to the next object (if any), meaning you can hold the Insert key to make a larger selection of objects.

HTH

Regards
Dalai
I know about all this, and it doesn't really suit me because all of these methods involve holding a key or selecting one-at-a-time. The thing is if I browse photos and I know the first one and the last one, so the first one is selected and now I want to select all of them down to current cursor position I can't do that. What really bothers me is that it can be done easily with the mouse (shift+click), but it's impossible with the keyboard.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, there is no really such function that allows to select files between selection and focus... And, it is not always clear which files should be selected when multiple selection ranges exist.

It is easy with mouse because you specify both selection borders in a single operation (one file is focused, you Shift+click another one, range is selected), but with keyboard there is no way to tell TC that some specific file should be treated as another selection border.