tcCmdVerify v0.24 - Check/modify Total Commander setup

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dmocha

Post by *dmocha »

Ok, I did the same operation, the result below:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line 4273  (File "d:\tc\tools\tcCmdVerify\tcCmdVerify.au3"):

$dupeOfDupesTmp[$r][7] = $activatedForRemoval[$r]
^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
OK   
regards
dmocha
thomasmolover

Re: tcCmdVerify v0.23 - Check/modify Total Commander setup

Post by *thomasmolover »

magz wrote:tcCmdVerify v0.23 (09.05.18)

Screenshot: Image: https://picload.org/image/rliwaopi/tccmdverify_v019001.jpg

This is made for Total Commander fan boys (and girls) with a TC-setup so extensive that they would like some assistanse in finding potential issues with it, which is a lot of work when you have hundreds of commands. As this program evolves I also think that it holds features useful to people with an interest in a tool to efficiently modify their setup.
Thank you for bringing such useful and interesting software, could you make a localizable version so that this software can be used by more people?
magz

tcCmdVerify v0.23a

Post by *magz »

I just uploaded a minor bug fix release.
The changes for v0.23a are:

The array bug Dmocha reported should be fixed.
Thats all I've had time to fix so far, but I hope for rainy days (because I have to paint on the sunny days, meaning no time to code...)
thomasmolover wrote:Thank you for bringing such useful and interesting software, could you make a localizable version so that this software can be used by more people?
I'm glad there are others that like it. I needed this for my own use, but find it more fun to add features when there are other users. I will consider doing a localized version, but I figure it will have to wait until most if not all of the GUI is finished, because there is a lot of text I plan to add to the GUI, and there are many functions, buttons, etc. where I am currently unsure if my current naming is proper. I'm open for suggestions to changes that may clarify the use a bit better. And sure, I will probably add the option of selecting a language. Never done so before, but I figure I'll just use iniread for the purpose of reading language files. I can write a norwegian translation, and I guess a english language file is needed as a template for translators. If I do so, are you saying that you'd be willing to translate tcCmdVerify into chinese?
thomasmolover

Re: tcCmdVerify v0.23a

Post by *thomasmolover »

magz wrote:If I do so, are you saying that you'd be willing to translate tcCmdVerify into chinese?
yes, I would glad to do it

And your anothor 2 little programs -- SendtoTC - tcLinkSel, please...
magz

tcCmdVerify v0.24

Post by *magz »

Today was the first day with rain for about a month, so I had time to focus on developing tcCmdVerify. In v0.24 I've focused on fixing the issues reported by Petermad, but there is one report that I haven't done anything about, as I can't reproduce it being reported as missing on my system when trying with the same path. This one:
petermad wrote:
"E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe"
This is a path containing Unicode characters. In the button editor it looks like this: "E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe".
The autoit function used for reading the info from TC's .bar and .ini files is called iniread, it's supposed to be able to determine what type of encoding the files fed to it has by default. So somehow it fails to determine the encoding state for the barfile holding this command, deeming it to be ANSI or UTF-8 instead of UTF-16 LE with BOM, which seems to be the encoding I've had to use to preserve the various charsets properly. My guess is that the file header containing the unicode info is not standard for your .bar file.
At least it confuses autoit's iniread function. Can you please email me the .bar file holding this command? Then I can investigate it a bit further.

I hope the other issues you reported are resolved now. I didn't have time to test all at home. Let me know if any issues remain please.
thomasmolover wrote:
magz wrote:If I do so, are you saying that you'd be willing to translate tcCmdVerify into chinese?
yes, I would glad to do it

And your anothor 2 little programs -- SendtoTC - tcLinkSel, please...
I had the impression that hardly anybody were using those tools of mine, so I find it flattering that you think there is a need for my programs to be translated into non-english languages, and as I've got no major plans for other GUI changes for these other programs of mine I will probably make an effort at localizing SendtoTC and tcLinkSel first.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2magz
"E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe"

This is shown like this: "E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe" in the Change button dialog.

TC puts the BOM () right in front of the Unicode string in the bar file, not in the start of the file.

So my .bar file is in ANSI, exept for this string that is locally in Unicode for that line. Notice this is not something that I do - TC does this automatically when I enter "alkalmazások - telepítők" using the Chnage button dialog
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2magz
With Version 0.24 I get wrong "cmd path not found" reports for these two commands (in usercmd.ini):

[em_PHSM-Kalender]
cmd=cd "%$LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\PHSM-Calendar.gadget\da-DK\PHSM-Kalender.htm"
I get no report if i use:

[em_PHSM-Kalender]
cmd=cd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\PHSM-Calendar.gadget\da-DK\PHSM-Kalender.htm"
but %$LOCALAPPDATA% is a valid env. variable in TC

[em_openenvironment]
cmd=*%COMSPEC% /C (for /F %i in (%TEMP%\environment.tmp) do set %i)
param=&& Start /D"%P"
Apparantly tcCmdVerify see the last one as:

[em_openenvironment]
cmd=*%COMSPEC% /C (for /F %i in (%TEMP%\environment.tmp) do set %i) && Start /D"%P"
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
magz

Post by *magz »

petermad wrote:TC puts the BOM () right in front of the Unicode string in the bar file, not in the start of the file.

So my .bar file is in ANSI, exept for this string that is locally in Unicode for that line. Notice this is not something that I do - TC does this automatically when I enter "alkalmazások - telepítők" using the Chnage button dialog
Snap! That's pretty clever actually, makes the .ini and .bar files smaller, thanks for that info. I'll fix it. I guess I should warn everybody that tcCmdVerify v0.23 and v0.24 will change the encoding for altered .ini and .bar files into unicode (UTF-16 LE with BOM in the file header). Because I thought I had to do so to preserve all types of characters.

Do you know if there is similar BOM () for seperate lines in .mnu files?
petermad wrote:

[em_PHSM-Kalender]
cmd=cd "%$LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\PHSM-Calendar.gadget\da-DK\PHSM-Kalender.htm"
I get no report if i use:

[em_PHSM-Kalender]
cmd=cd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\PHSM-Calendar.gadget\da-DK\PHSM-Kalender.htm"
but %$LOCALAPPDATA% is a valid env. variable in TC
Please tell me the purpose of adding the $?
I tried to CD to %$LOCALAPPDATA% within TC, but nothing happens on my system.
petermad wrote:

[em_openenvironment]
cmd=*%COMSPEC% /C (for /F %i in (%TEMP%\environment.tmp) do set %i)
param=&& Start /D"%P"
Apparantly tcCmdVerify see the last one as:

[em_openenvironment]
cmd=*%COMSPEC% /C (for /F %i in (%TEMP%\environment.tmp) do set %i) && Start /D"%P"
Where in the GUI do you see this? In the finished part of the GUI (which is not presented by the arraydisplay function)?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Do you know if there is similar BOM () for seperate lines in .mnu files?
No, I don't know.
License #524 (1994)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Please tell me the purpose of adding the $?
Look for "Pseudo environment variables" at https://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php?title=Navigation

See History.txt.

04.08.17 Added: Windows Vista and newer: Support GUIDs in environment variables, e.g. %${374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}% -> downloads folder, same as %$Downloads% (32/64)
04.08.17 Added: Windows Vista and newer: Support new pseudo environment variables described here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd378457.aspx. Leave out prefix FOLDERID_, e.g. FOLDERID_Downloads -> %$Downloads% . Only fields with "Default Path" option are supported (32/64)
I tried to CD to %$LOCALAPPDATA% within TC, but nothing happens on my system.
Try again - it works fine here (Windows 7)
Notice CD %$Localappdata% works, but CD %$localappdata% doesn't
Where in the GUI do you see this?
See: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/tccmdverify.png - the marked line starts with: *%COMSPEC% /

I don't know if tcCmdVerify is supposed to show the content of the Parameters field there, but there is nothing wrong with the path - *%COMCPEC% is a ligitimate path - and I use it other places without tcCmdVerify reporting it - but maybe it is because of the "(for /F %i in (%TEMP%\environment.tmp) do set %i)" part of the command line.
License #524 (1994)
thomasmolover

Post by *thomasmolover »

I extracted the strings in your program for localization, but I am not familiar with autoit, and some content may be affected by the functions in the program, so I put the statement line of the string as a reference.

It is recommended to use regular expressions instead of string comparisons.

This is a csv file for localized content

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1htYEVHseGZWF6LOq5YHvBP2AjgPGFyt3
Last edited by thomasmolover on 2018-07-05, 07:35 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
thomasmolover

Post by *thomasmolover »

When I use this software, the program stops responding when reading the configuration, even without a progress bar, but an other computer can work normally. Both device systems are win10x64
thomasmolover

Re: tcCmdVerify v0.24 - Check/modify Total Commander setup

Post by *thomasmolover »

Some source code like this

Case StringLeft(StringLower($menuSaveChoice), 6)="to x86"
The strings in these line are not well translated, Use StringInStr() seem to better than StringLeft().
thomasmolover

Re: tcCmdVerify v0.24 - Check/modify Total Commander setup

Post by *thomasmolover »

The menu item uses 'POPUP "' to make a judgment. If there are any items without quotes, an error will be reported.